heads, drills, a couple of heartbreakers, a killer AX, and a very nice Dalton

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: heads, drills, a couple of heartbreakers, a killer AX, and a very nice Dalton

I would pay 50 bucks for the axe.

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
Re: heads, drills, a couple of heartbreakers, a killer AX, and a very nice Dalton

i have seen axes like that go for outrageous prices at auctions. take it to an artifact show near you and youll be surprised :thumbsup:

PrimitiveOne

Mar 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs 2
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice axe-and great finds

roaddoctor

Feb 14, 2011

very nice ax, field or dig? not many left in the field! good luck.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Killer pieces, man. That Dove in the first pic is a shame. That would have been a dandy. I really like the long stemmed Adena Point right beside it.

As for the Axe, it's hard to say. Axes are funny when it comes to pricing. I've seen Axes like yours go for big money at auctions, like $200+ and then I've seen them go really cheap, like $35 to $50 at auctions. I guess it just depends on who is bidding and how badly they want them.

As an example I'll show you 4 Axes I bought at an auction in Marion county Ohio a few years back. The one on the bottom left hand side I paid $37.50 for. The other 3, believe it or not, I got in a box that had a lot of broken Stone Tools for $27.50 for the entire box. I don't know if people just didn't realize they were in there or if just thought they were broken.

In the last picture the Axe right in the front I got at the Ripley Artifact Show 2 years ago for $45. So they can be obtained rather reasonably if you try.

Attachments

• Pictures010.jpg
    Pictures010.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Pictures011.jpg
    Pictures011.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Pictures010.jpg
    Pictures010.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Pictures011.jpg
    Pictures011.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Pics022.jpg
    Pics022.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 252
OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum

thnx Steve. I have never been to a artifact show or auction but it sounds fun!!
Great photos by the way, your collection must be killer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions