Heads Up Rock & Gem Hunters

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
If you live in or like to travel in MD (starting point), DC, PA, VA, NC, DEL, NJ, KY, OH, WV & TN Areas, Your welcome to tag along on one or all of our adventures.. (Some Camping maybe required) Although we would love to invite you to our family gatherings.. when we head in all those directions, Space is limited and the final destination of the trip would be ad-lib or on the fly.

Thou we would have our final destination set, it would be up to you to decide if you wanted to stay at the campground with us or continue on to parts unknown.

Also this trip may include the return dates for anyone in the Southern part of the the states to head north with us and again stops may include but at not limited to the list below.

Many of our stops may include:

• "Mild" Trail Rides (lasting approx 3 hours or more)
  • Blowing Rock
  • Hanging Rock
  • Blue Ridge Parkway (starting just south of Skyline Drive)
  • Cherokee
  • Linville Falls
  • Grand Father Mountain
  • Scenic Overlooks
  • Museums Of Natural History or Planetariums
  • Gem Mines (this is our hobby during our travels)
Along the way we enjoy frequent stops at these favorite restaurants or dinners:

• Libby Hill Seafood (VA & NC)
  • Reids House (NC)
  • Texas Long Horn (Nation Wide)
  • Piccadilly Cafeteria (South Eastern Most States)
  • Camp Fire Cooking (Via My Wife)
Depending on how well next years forecast will be is if we will offer more outings like this to different destinations. At that time Camping will become a must and group sites will be available. But reservations are required and needed in advance prior to that nights stay.

Some outings may include but again are not limited to:

• Canada
  • Upper NY State
  • Arizona
  • Other destinations my follow
All trips are subject to change without notice, But I'll do my best to keep you informed and post at least two weeks in advanced before the trip. Final trip plans will become available the sooner its time to depart and route destinations/directions to those interested and subscribed parties. Reservations are required for safety reasons..

Place you "like" on this page as your mark of approval and that you'd be interested in tagging along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
@Chat..

I've attempted several type of clubs or groups.. even web sites for these outings.. From cars to camping to photography I've nearly covered it all at one time or another and all of them have failed to some degree. I guess there just isn't any interest or support.. Yet I can find preexisting sites with the same stuff I wanted to do.. (soon after I created mine) Perhaps it's my charming attitude.. I've made moderator of a few sites and offered more then my share of advice to those existing site.. only to have them take my advice then ban me..

I know of one thing.. most of the rock hounds (and never call me one) do have an attitude sort of like my find is better then yours.. etc..All I've ever wanted to do was include those that don't get out that much and want to explore and actually have the time to do so. When users actually join a page or site I've created they leave soon after realizing the page or site cost money to keep going and they aren't willing to help support this. I guess that's why I submitted my trade show idea.. this we we could all meet up (our perspective hobbies) and trade stuff etc..

About the best thing I've eve had going was my jeep blog.. gaining a few supporters it's been up for some time. though we've changed jeeps.. and we are a bit short on doing anything this year.. Taxes hit us hard.. we are planing to do some of the things listed above.. and granted we are open for suggestions.. Like heading your way.. or metting half way etc..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread