heads up to anyone around Va Beach

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just arrived in Va Beach tonight after a all day drive. This weekend is the 2014 Polar Plunge for Special Olympics. Its people from all over the east coast here to plunge in the ocean tomorrow at 2:30 pm. Party tonight and tomorrow all day long. I was not thinking and in a rush this morning and forgot the most important item, my metal detector :-( grrrrr. If anyone is close it will be a great place to detect. Its probably going to be around 2 to 3 thousand people on the beach tomorrow.

Only thing I ask is please post pics of anything you find, if you come here so I will know what I missed out on.

HH to everyone and please stay safe while doing so.

Matt

Upvote 3
Thanks for the tip.

Have a good plunge! I'm SURE you will see some looters out there this weekend!

Oh that hurts! Done that before. Now the first thing I load before people or anything is my detector, and they think I'm nuts! Lol that's up for debate!

I'll be out there (weather depending) tonight at low tide.....

I'll be out there (weather depending) tonight at low tide.....

Good luck DocBeav, post some pics if you have any luck. We had a blast jumping into the ocean today.

HH to all!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

ForumRunner_20140208_150133.png

Hey DocBeav, did you make it out to the beach tonight? I saw someone working the surf and wanted to go introduce myself to hopefully you, but if not you another person that shares the same hobby. Didn't get to make it down to the beach due back problems. I need to get out and detect a little while to stretch it out a little bit.

Matt

Yup, I made it out there last night (1930-2130) there was one other local looter "The Fast Man" out there as well but we both got skunked. In the water, damp sand and dry...not many tgs. Here was my haul from that area (you didn't miss much!):
20140209_000956.jpg
Hunted that area plus down near pier with similar results. Fast Man had to get back home for work today, I moved to a spot on the bay side that had some decent lows but short of good tgs:
20140209_001238.jpg20140209_001301.jpg20140209_001254.jpg

Hoping for another good storm to pull more sand away from the beaches. There was ALLOT of dredging and dumping of sand on many of the beaches this past year (supposedly more to come) that is still present. Need some good cuts!

Thanks for sharing DocBeav, wish I could have made it down to introduce myself and meet you. I come down that way a few times a year to visit some family and get some fishing in. I will have to look you up next time.

Thanks again and HH,

Matt

does the navy still constantly fly them loud :censored:Jets down there?

I saw several this weekend while I was there.

I saw several this weekend while I was there.
some loud suckers,last time i was there they flew all day long.Bet there is allot of half deaf people living in Va beach,If they constantly fly them like what i saw,"except for the people wearing headphones:metaldetector:':piratehand:

Yup the "sound of freedom"!

Thanks for sharing DocBeav, wish I could have made it down to introduce myself and meet you. I come down that way a few times a year to visit some family and get some fishing in. I will have to look you up next time.

Thanks again and HH,

Matt

Yeah Matt! Sounds good! Let me know when you will be in town and we can hook up and hit some beaches! Introduce you go gravediggermax and the rest of the Va pirate crew!

Yeah Matt! Sounds good! Let me know when you will be in town and we can hook up and hit some beaches! Introduce you go gravediggermax and the rest of the Va pirate crew!

Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back