Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fever was too bad today as me and Mama came back from walking the mall. I made some lunch then headed out about 11:30 for one of my parks with a lot of old woods, knowing that I could find shotgun headstamps if nothing else. It was 25F with light winds that only took the chill factor down to 19-20F...comfortable for the clothes I wear detecting.

I went to a section of lowland woods that I had not hunted yet, and the ground varied as to the depth of freeze. The Equinox 600 had no problem finding plenty of 11-14 signals that signify the headstamps. I was only able to dig the ones that has at least 4” of leaf litter on the ground...the rest were frozen too deep to mess with. I managed to harvest these headstamps, one .22 shell and two lead balls. The intact one measures .380-.400 diameter, so it may have been from a deer round...can’t be sure, but it’s covered with a thick white coating from its age. The other is a spent round that’s about .25-.30 diameter, but is heavily deformed. Hopefully the hunter was able to bring home dinner with that round.

Have to drive to Columbus tomorrow to meet the house inspector for the house our son and his wife bought, so no detecting...unless I come across a park that’s screaming to be detected.:laughing7: I keep the Nox 600 and the AT Max in the truck all the time, just in case...

76572D36-DCD9-4AE9-A3BF-A0F7E11FC116.jpeg

563DFC50-53CF-427B-941B-132F7B709D7F.jpeg

It’s always good to scratch the itch!:hello2:

Upvote 7

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, the wooded ground I could dig 2 weeks ago is heavily frosted now so I guess I will wait til next week when we get in the 40s. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting during the winter can be pretty cool if you dress warm you dont even notice the cold Glad you got out Tommy

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Wish I were that determined to get out. The ground here has been hard as asphalt and covered with 6+ inches of snow and ice for 2 months now.

OP
OP
J

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting during the winter can be pretty cool if you dress warm you dont even notice the cold Glad you got out Tommy

I’m a small game hunter, and own all the clothes to comfortably hunt in this weather. Been hunting in the winter since 1959 when I got the .410. We never thought twice about staying home b ecause of cold, unless the winds were howling. Nothing wrong about being out in calm cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread