Hearing loss (high freq) and target ID

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I've been running a Deus I and I cannot differentiate bottle caps by sound as I have been reading that some others do. Is it because my ears cannot hear the subtle tone differences?

I have been checking signals found with the Deus with my old minelab Sovereign. It tells me every time if it is a bottle cap because it won't hit on them (it reads an iron signal on the Sunray meter). The Deus I sounds like a coin in the 90s on the caps. It's a pain in the butt to drag two detectors around.

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i havnt ran a deus so dont know the tones ir how they sound, but for me on the legend with a bottlecap i tend to hear a faint little quick click at the end of the signal. gotta really listen to that end sound like rifht at the end before the beep goes away, or i shoyld say how the beep ends.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been running a Deus I and I cannot differentiate bottle caps by sound as I have been reading that some others do. Is it because my ears cannot hear the subtle tone differences?

I have been checking signals found with the Deus with my old minelab Sovereign. It tells me every time if it is a bottle cap because it won't hit on them (it reads an iron signal on the Sunray meter). The Deus I sounds like a coin in the 90s on the caps. It's a pain in the butt to drag two detectors around.
You have to set your tone breaks, adjust them to your hearing range. Just google XP Deus coin programs, several will pop up.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be the slightest "crackle" of a iron buzz as you slowly pull the coil off the target....if you can't hear that, turn up your silencer....at 3 the signal will get choppy....4 to 5 will eliminate them completely (as long as they have a little rust on them)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Time to step up to a Deus ll.
The sounds are better for me as I'm missing some high tone sections in the hearing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread