Heart returned to owner

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
About a week or so ago I asked a local farmer and neighbor , who we occasionally do work for, if i could metal detect around a turn of the century house he is renovating. His wife grew up in this house. Permission granted. I hunted around it for about an hour or so , finding mostly trash. The only good readings i got was a wheat penny , a Ford emblem and a silver heart-shaped pendant about the size of a quarter. After I got home , i saw that the pendant was engraved with a woman's name (Martha). I told the farmer about the find yesterday and he told me Martha was his wife and he said that twenty something yrs ago , someone broke into their house and stole every piece of jewelry that Martha had owned since childhood. Today i returned the piece of jewelry to the farmer. He said he was certain that his wife would love it. I cant wait to hear about her reaction when he gives it to her.

well , i'm off to hunt more of a local park ...found $1.19 in clad in about 20 mins earlier today...hopefully some gold will turn up today

HH y'all

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: heart returned to owner

Congrats on doing the right thing!

I lost my heart once. Never did get it back... :'(

DCMatt

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WTG. I can't wait to hear how the wife reacted.

NJ

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Karma baby, you did good. I've only been fortunate to return one lost item, and when people ask me what my best find is, that's in the Top One. Oh, the brownie points you scored. The only selfish act I'd act upon, is to ask the owners to let the neighbors know what you did. You may be surprised how many doors will now be opened for you. A saluted "Kudos!" to you.
Carl

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait until I can do something like that! If at all possible, get a pic of the wife and her heart!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread