Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been a slow week for me ... a week ago early Monday I released the pigeon I helped recuperate to full strength. AND found the last ring (14KP with 3 diamonds).

Try as hard as I can no more rings found my scoop...guess they arrive on their own schedule. I'm roughly on a week a ring schedule so it's just patience and persistence and the rings will find me.

Sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not....well...maybe just a little.

So I think I'm going to find a ring today! Its a white gold wedding band. It was lost a few weeks ago at Bolsa Chica and I'm meeting up with the "loser" in a couple hours. He's a surfer and knows exactly where he dropped it but just couldn't locate it at the time.

Oh yeah, HEART STOPPER....(I almost forgot).

Was working the boating beach close to home and the tide was real low yesterday afternoon. Got this penny signal in the mud right next to the rocks. I scoop out some really foul smelling mud and drop it down at my feet. WOW...there sparkles a gold chain! I lift it out (Now my fingers smell like the mud) and there's a golden shield attached with all sorts of jewels and pearls. I rinse it off and stick it in my pouch. I don't want to burst my bubble to early...heck it could be GOLD...it could be real just very gaudy!

So a magnet attracted the chain...but it sure felt good to imagine for a half hour what might have been.

HH Joe

Attachments

• HeartStopper sm.jpg
    HeartStopper sm.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Piggie 4th 2a sm.jpg
    Piggie 4th 2a sm.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Remember the old saying "He who helps a pigeon, shall be repaid with many rings"
Or something like that :icon_jokercolor:
Good luck!

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
plehbah said:
It is fascinating to see the specialized lack of feathers on the head and neck in order to keep the animal clean as it feasts on carrion.

Actually Pigeons eat seeds ... I think you are thinking of a different bird.

You get partial credit because the lack of feathers keeps the bird clean from the regurgitated feeding by the parent.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW,
Would have went crazy when I seen the gold!
Ya just be patient with the rings, theyll come a little faster when the word get spread you provide free cleaning and a showcase with other rings! ehhehehe

CRACKBADGER OUT!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Doc, I don't know which is uglier, the pendant or the pigeon! :)
But, you were correct in writing, "HEART STOPPER!"

Relax, more gold will come; you are worthy!

GRB

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That necklace/pendant combo is awesome. I love it. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread