Heartbreaker of day for me 10-31-09

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Man today was sure a nice day to hunt here in the Austin area on Lake Travis. Went out for most of the day today and found these artifacts. Found a Travis point with a impact fracture on the tip, a really well made peice of material, and what looks like a Frio or Ensor with an impact fracture on the tip as well. Man, can't find a break; still good study pieces though. Also included is a few scrapers and some pieces of some unidentified points. All in all, a great day by the water. It really sucked to see the travis half buried looking complete, until i brushed away the sand on the tip and saw that it must have been dinged on one of the surrounding cobbles that litter the beach. Would have been a doozy of a Travis point if it had been complete. I almost cried, hahaha. Oh well, going out tomorrow to find some more stuff, hope everything is complete. Good luck hunting ya'll.

Attachments

• DSC00778.JPG
    DSC00778.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC00779.JPG
    DSC00779.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC00780.JPG
    DSC00780.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC00781.JPG
    DSC00781.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC00784.JPG
    DSC00784.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Abarnard,

You are correct ,Sir, it was one of those truly outstanding days in cent. Texas.
I love the green tint to those pieces you found.
You don't hunt around the Hippie Hollow area do you? :laughing9:
Good hunting,
BW

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Hunt on Travis. That place keeps giving you some better and better. :icon_sunny:
HH
TnMtns

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Woah, those first two pieces of material look like stuff I find around here in Va. Good looking lithics and finds, congrats.

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for the replies ya'll. I still can't get over the impact fractures on the first two pieces; I am still crying, hahaha. Yeah TN, I hunted all day today with nothing worth posting, I think you gave me bad luck, haha, just kidding. I hope you guys have some stuff to post so I can drool. Well, good luck hunting you guys.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
abarnard said:
Thanks for the replies ya'll. I still can't get over the impact fractures on the first two pieces; I am still crying, hahaha. Yeah TN, I hunted all day today with nothing worth posting, I think you gave me bad luck, haha, just kidding. I hope you guys have some stuff to post so I can drool. Well, good luck hunting you guys.

Tell me about it, it's tough to deal with. Especially on nice big pieces like those that are 3/4 there. I've almost come to accept that if I dont find the other part within a few feet of the other it's basically mission impossible to come up with the other. It has happened before though and it's what keeps me hopeful. I've spent many hours going through the broke boxes to no avail, it's an exercise in futility. But I'm sure this winter I'll bust out the boxes again and look for that needle in a haystack. A freaking puzzle with no solution. If it makes you feel any better I found a couple brokes today too, one made of killer colorful material with the tip missing.

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks Thrity7, you made me feel much better. I think I will stop crying now. Anyway, yeah it's a bummer. The last point I found before these two was 100% whole, so I was not prepared for it to happen to me twice in one day, ahhaha. Oh, Bravo I do not hunt the Hippie Hollow area, but I might try it out some day. Thanks for the replies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread