Heaviest Find Since My Ex Wife!!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not always Spanish silver!! This is the heaviest chunk of iron I have found to date.........my ex wife excluded:happysmiley:!! I have no clue what it is but it weighs 145 pounds..........it is SOLID iron!! Judging from the area it was dug in, it could very well have been something used in a sugar mill. Possibly something used to press the sugar cane, not unlike the rollers do on an old washing machine. Shanegalang, Cane Field Bandit!!

Attachments

• 100_5108.JPG
    100_5108.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about ex wife #1 or ex wife #2? :laughing9:

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strictly speaking from a non-historic, purely scrap value, you are looking at nearly $20 in iron there.... depending on where you live. Nothing like finding a crisp $20 in the dirt (obviously scrap is last resort, but still...)

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think that would fit in my pouch:evil6: don't find one of those every day.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From what BB said, if you are taking it to a scrap yard in his car, YOU are going to have to sit on the hood as a counterweight-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that is the tip from a large, hydra unit mounted "concrete breaker" (picture a big jackhammer on the end of a backhoe) At least it looks like one. I dug one before. Thought it was an underground pipe at first.

http://openphoto.net/volumes/mike/20080423/openphotonet_IMG_1181.JPG

This picture doesn't match EXACTLY, but yours is identical to the one I dug, and the guy I with ID'd it. He was a contractor and used them before.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is the tip from a large, hydra unit mounted "concrete breaker" (picture a big jackhammer on the end of a backhoe) At least it looks like one. I dug one before. Thought it was an underground pipe at first.

This picture doesn't match EXACTLY, but yours is identical to the one I dug, and the guy I with ID'd it. He was a contractor and used them before.

Possibly, but only if the end is pointed or wedge shaped. Doesn't look like it though. JMHO :dontknow:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly, but only if the end is pointed or wedge shaped. Doesn't look like it though. JMHO :dontknow:

I was just thinking that, mine was wedge shaped, you can't really tell from the picture, his might be flat.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Not wedged. Here are more pictures that show better what it looks like. There is a small hole in the "top" that is square and seems to be about 4 or 5 inches deep. 100_5110.JPG 100_5112.JPG

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OUCH!!!
BK
He is right, i have 2 ex wives. The 2nd ex was a bit of a bigger woman :) I like to think of her as Dumbo the flying elephant :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread