CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well we all know some sites are better than others but some of us just have to live with whats available! And we then just try to maximize the finds that are possible at each site, did we really get the best of what was there to find? I detected a site with the idea of cleaning out all the pull-tabs and trash but found a few unexpected items, just possibly I maximized my finds a bit today ! With this trinity of "Heavy Metal" :metaldetector: Will let you be the judges of that, I did have to do some real digging and yes I did clean out all those pull-tabs there were many of them , no gold in that sites disturbed gound by the way I am sure !! But there was this "Trinity" The first item I found was the clevis, that is what I have been told they are called. it was around six inches down in the just filled in area, I was like whoa yeah I've not found one of these before and hey it even has some paint still ! The next item was the "Bucket Tooth" which read out at like 39 or so on the ETrac conductive scale, seemed about the size of a pop can but sounded like something else, took some real digging down past a good sized chunk of carbonized wood to get it at around eleven inches, then I was like this isn't a pop can and felt like the digging down was really worth while for a change ! I kept searching and then later on found the pin for the clevis at around seven inches down and it read like thirty-two ish. Hope you enjoyed seeing the "Heavy Metal Trinity" I did :headbang:

5_1_2015 relic tri dirty.jpg 5_1_2015 relic tri clean.jpg

Upvote 3

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's one thing the Etrac sure like to sound off on the big iron that when there's a hole in it. Still a good looking clevis and the tooth is worth a few bucks to the operator.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's one thing the Etrac sure like to sound off on the big iron that when there's a hole in it. Still a good looking clevis and the tooth is worth a few bucks to the operator.

The clevis came through very similar to a big horse shoe. It is bent outwards, believe that is why they lost it. The cotter pin is supposed to be on the outside :laughing7: Tried bending it inwards with a three pound mechanics hammer, ha-ha it acted like a big spring, doubt anything I have can bend it back like it is supposed to be. There was no machinery around when I detected, the fill dirt was in and leveling was done, the tooth is worth a few bucks to anyone who operates equipment it will fit on. :goldbar:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I have never found anything like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread