signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a trashy park today and used the Sabisch program for High Trash. It has a notch for most aluminum. I know people say don't use notch but I like it and I felt much more comfortable in the trash. I think it is great for learning. I really felt like I am coming of age--not afraid any more. Been trying to work the nickel range in hopes of some gold, but so far it hasn't been in the cards. But I have the feeling my day is coming very soon. Almost every target was obscured by trash. Got a full handful of clad in about two hours. So I kinda feel like I hit a milestone on this one. Total time so far 20 hours.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was detecting a guy walked up and said he owned two detectors. I showed him the coins I found. He kept asking "You found all those today????"

Seeing how I haven't found any silver coins yet (found a ring and Ear ring) I kinda suspect the area had most of the silver removed already. There's probably still a five gallon bucket of clad there. But I want gold.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I haven't done any silver hunting. Been running 12KHz so sometime I guess I should run the 4K with the boost mode. And for that matter, I probably should be running 25K for gold. Well, still learning but I'm getting there.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the 12 will find the silver, it just has to be there first as does the gold. persistence pays off eventually on both plus knowledge. have dug several Mercs that I thought were going to be a penny so they don't always act like they are supposed to

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a spot and bury at about 4" a silver coin or two and put them in small plastic zip bags. You'll hear the difference. Also try a copper cent and a zincoln. We have a lot of coal/coke in the fields here due to old steam tractors. They rings up with the HF coil at 24 to 36, and I just ignore them these days. The Deus is the best machine for iron.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try a spot and bury at about 4" a silver coin or two and put them in small plastic zip bags. You'll hear the difference. Also try a copper cent and a zincoln. We have a lot of coal/coke in the fields here due to old steam tractors. They rings up with the HF coil at 24 to 36, and I just ignore them these days. The Deus is the best machine for iron.

Ah the Deus Whisperer speaks and she knows her stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread