Heck yea what a day

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posting this from my phone so no pics yet. First off RED DESERT you the man. Hit one spot you marked for me and boy I am still shaking. Found a pure silver hand tooled goncho from an old pair of chaps still attached to a piece of leather. This has got to be one of my best finds EVER. I will post pics tomorrow now its time to get back in the field.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This has got to be one of my best finds EVER"

Great!:thumbsup: Will be waiting to see your photos or the link to the thread. To make the banner, you may need to post your best good close pics in another board.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting this from my phone so no pics yet. First off RED DESERT you the man. Hit one spot you marked for me and boy I am still shaking. Found a pure silver hand tooled goncho from an old pair of chaps still attached to a piece of leather. This has got to be one of my best finds EVER. I will post pics tomorrow now its time to get back in the field.

Great dowsing Red_desert!
Great find Tx7!
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a right to display our finds!!!! Here is the link to your post in Todays Finds.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/298162-what-great-weekend.html

I tried balancing, cropped yor spearpoint.

IMAG0117-finds4crop.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck what a find!!!! :occasion14:

IMAG0115-finds2crop.jpg

Just a little cropping after balancing them, adjust resolution....easy now to see.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that one relic an axe head?

IMAG0116-finds3crop.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the main photo, took the most working on.

IMAG0114-findsLG.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe that point may be a spear head or some kind of tool, it will fit in the palm of your hand. Over the years I have been all over that land and only found a few small bird points. Its really sandy soil up there so that may be why. Was thinking about taking the concho to the UT museum and possibly seeing what info I may find to date it. Then again kind of leary to do that.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might depend on who you talk to, what museum you take it to. I've heard stories of treasure hunters taking very old valuable artifacts to a museum for info, only to be called a thief (then asked where they got it), only reason because of "they are a treasure hunter".

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I know what you mean, there's a man down the road from us about 5miles that has some land he was plowing up and found some Native Indian artifacts, that was until the MAN came in and named it an Archaeological Site. Needless to say he is very very limited on what he can and can't do on that section of his property now.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I know what you mean, there's a man down the road from us about 5miles that has some land he was plowing up and found some Native Indian artifacts, that was until the MAN came in and named it an Archaeological Site. Needless to say he is very very limited on what he can and can't do on that section of his property now.
It looks like, from what you are saying, the site was on private property. What ever happened to land owner rights?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it is his property, not sure of the specifics but apparently he found some old bones or something of the nature and they claimed it was an Indian burial ground or something. He did show me the field one time and to me it looked just like any other old hay field. Then again, what do I know.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is his property, not sure of the specifics but apparently he found some old bones or something of the nature and they claimed it was an Indian burial ground or something. He did show me the field one time and to me it looked just like any other old hay field. Then again, what do I know.
If there are signs of it being Indian burial ground....yes, I can see protecting it, except the damage was already done on the surface probably many years ago. We have a whole housing subdivision this area called "Enchanted Hills" because the homes were build on a huge Indian burial grounds. That is one site which should have been preserved.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever find anything else?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took some of the red out of that last pic, this is what it should look like.

Attachments

• IMAG0114-BfindsLG.jpg
    IMAG0114-BfindsLG.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread