Hedge trimmer gets me a small Crotal bell !

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my hedge trimmer with me metal detecting today so I could clear out some briar bush & swing my detector in a different spot. It paid off & I got a small crotal bell. Also found what I think is a very damage cane topper?
IMG_0633.jpeg
IMG_0632.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my hedge trimmer with me metal detecting today so I could clear out some briar bush & swing my detector in a different spot. It paid off & I got a small crotal bell. Also found what I think is a very damage cane topper? View attachment 2135908 View attachment 2135909
Nice little bell. I used to cut down the greenbriers in an area of a civil war camp target range to cleanup the bullets. The thing you think is a cane topper I suspect might be a brown ceramic door knob. The older door knobs were shaped like that one and came in brown and white. They made some fancy clear glass ones as well but they are shaped differently. It looks like the shaft part that went through the locking mechanism has broken out of the knob. A look at the other side would confirm my suspicions.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little bell. I used to cut down the greenbriers in an area of a civil war camp target range to cleanup the bullets. The thing you think is a cane topper I suspect might be a brown ceramic door knob. The older door knobs were shaped like that one and came in brown and white. They made some fancy clear glass ones as well but they are shaped differently. It looks like the shaft part that went through the locking mechanism has broken out of the knob. A look at the other side would confirm my suspicions.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
I google vintage brown ceramic door handles and that’s what it looks like…Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used