Hehehe, look what I found in a jewelry jar --

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
2015-03-16 00.49.44.jpg
It was wrapped in tape. They probably thought it was a game token. So now the jar cost a buck less. Thank you Good Will!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! One of our neighbors bought an older style vaccum cleaner in a box, at a yard sale. When he got home, he went through the box and found 3 sheets of collecters coins.
You never know...

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
You never know, for sure. At a small estate sale Saturday, I was digging through a filthy box with some moldy record albums in a backyard shed when I found a nice necklace between two albums. No one around me and for a very brief moment the thought crossed my mind that that necklace could slip into a water damaged album cover and I could probably get it for a dollar. Then I thought, "you're not a thief, boy, and now is not the time to start." So I took it in hand and asked the lady running it what she wanted for the necklace. "The owner said no jewelry is for sale!" and snatched it out of my hand. I said, "Can I at least clean off my dirty hands?" "No, we have no public restrooms."

No good deed goes unpunished.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know, for sure. At a small estate sale Saturday, I was digging through a filthy box with some moldy record albums in a backyard shed when I found a nice necklace between two albums. No one around me and for a very brief moment the thought crossed my mind that that necklace could slip into a water damaged album cover and I could probably get it for a dollar. Then I thought, "you're not a thief, boy, and now is not the time to start." So I took it in hand and asked the lady running it what she wanted for the necklace. "The owner said no jewelry is for sale!" and snatched it out of my hand. I said, "Can I at least clean off my dirty hands?" "No, we have no public restrooms."

No good deed goes unpunished.
ha ha. I think we all have one of those.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said, "Can I at least clean off my dirty hands?" "No, we have no public restrooms."

grab the closest cloth they have for sale and wipe off those dirty hands. then hand it to her telling her the neclkace is yellow unobtainum and you were going to offer $500 ;) then leave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions