Hello all from Northern CA/East NV

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all from Northern CA/Western NV

Hello folks. Been watching this site for many years now and decided to start sharing our finds. My 15 year old son was given his first detector at Christmas and well; he found his second silver of the year. Now he's hooked. We were able to secure permission at a location in an old town known as Madeline here in Northern Ca. The Northern California Railroad (NCO) came to the area around the early 1900's and a hotel, station and town was born.

We started out and in about fifteen minutes, my son said to me and metal detecting buddy, "You guys might as well stop cause I got the best one for the day". Yes he did. He popped out a nice 1892-S Barber Half. It's still soaking but I had to share it!!!! My buddy and I did find a couple of V nickels but hey; nothing beats a key half!!! Our ground here in some spots can be harsh on coins with all the alkali. Some spots it is great though. I think we can save this one.

We have a three (3) day trip this week to Unionville Nevada for some serious detecting. We did awesome there last year so I'll be back with our finds; if any!

Attachments

• KIMG0068.jpg
    KIMG0068.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • KIMG0070.jpg
    KIMG0070.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Upvote 8

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, that is the topper :occasion14: My first big silver with my Tesoro Bandito was one of those Barber halves a different semi key date also, none since then. :icon_scratch: Still hoping for that first Silver dollar find here , my coil keeps missing those somehow :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread