hanau

Jan 4, 2010

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
It would be best to check the local laws in the area you plan to dig. In some places it is ok others it is not. I've told about it before but one city I lived in an a no detecting ordinance. It was against the law to even detect on your own property. I know a guy who was arrested and fined for digging on his and I was held even though I had permission from the owner. I got off because I knew the police captain. The city manager is the one who called on me. This is the only place I know with a no detecting law like that but it goes to show it's best to know the local laws. I don't know a thing about the ace 250 but do have extra heads that I use in certain situations for my Whites. Depending on the soil where you live a Tesoro might be a good machine for you. They are easy to use, light weight and get great depth. In highly mineralized soils some of them aren't very good though. I've had 3 and was happy with each one. I have a Ciabola now and it is a really good detector

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most public places that are not of historical importance, are okay to hunt. just use common sense
treat the property like it's yours, no holes, pick up the trash, etc.
as far as a good detector to start with, an Ace 250 is a real good beginner MD
it will go deep and is easy to use

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A TESORO compadre will suit you fancy.

And Tesoro is thew only company that offers a Lifetime warranty.

Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread