Hello everybody

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for areas where old wagon trails used to pass, any old creek or bridge would be a great place to start. Welcome

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard. I don't know your area, but as P.Allen mentioned, dig into the history, should be historical artifacts and relics (settlers and displaced natives) Please post your finds for us.

OP
OP
D

Denny1st

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Thanks guys i will definitely look into it. I love history, but even better is finding your own pieces of history ;)

OP
OP
D

Denny1st

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know of the Sante fe trail near here in Overland Park but I'm not sure of metal detecting laws. I'll research that.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Virginia!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Dennis! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Kansas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to tnet...................................................:hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. My name is Dennis and I'm very new to the hobby. I live in Shawnee Kansas so there's not much around here. But I look forward to learning from here and seeing people's finds. Thanks. ��

Hey there Dennis. While it might not seem like you have much around you America is rich with history and if you get acquainted with other metal detectorists in your region you will find out there's treasure in Kansas too. vpnavy shot you a link for your area. I hope that gets you started. With the internet you can learn a lot. Start researching your area for the history it has. As you mentioned always make sure you are following the rules and laws of your area. Hope to see some cool old stuff from you soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread