Hello Everyone. Long Time. Possible Civil War Buckle

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, I finally had some time. Yeah Its winter and Im not out hunting. I had a really nice season this yr with some great finds and memories. I wish I would have had time to share some of these moments. But with work life kids etc I haven't spent much time on the net.

I had ended my season about 3 weeks ago. I had 160 silvers this yr and over 150 indians. It was a good yr. I found a cache of old silver coins last month. Silver barber halfs walkers etc. I would post the video but I dropped way to many F Bombs to post it here. I just really enjoy the hobby. I have been hunting almost everyday pushing myself to the time I have to get dressed for work. This is a addiction that seems to never get old.

I get up daily thinking about where I can find my next great find. Anyways I wanted to see if I could get some info on a buckle that was recovered on a really old ball field with historty around it that goes back to the 1700's. It was 12 inches deep found with a minelab se. It appears to be the style of civil war. I found one web site that listed some other civil war realted stuff and saw this same buckle attached to a uniform.

So if anyone out there with more knowledge can shed some light that would be great.

Thanks and I am gonna try and find some time to get back onto the forum more often. I see alot of great finds on here being made.

Attachments

• BB Plate.jpg
    BB Plate.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03887.JPG
    DSC03887.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 3

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not civil war Jeremy. Looks like some type of fraternal organization. You should be able to research it on the web. Looks late 1800s to me.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes, Thanks Steve. Looks like 1870's maybe a little later. I looked and could not put a exact id on it.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy i like that.Ain't never seen one like that before.cool looking, congrats

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Steve. Fraternal. Still a great find that you might want to post in "What is it?"

Welcome back to the forum. Please stay a while, we miss seeing your posts. Oh, and you should consider PMing me the link to that video. I'd love to see a cache like that dug, and I don't mind the language LOL. If it was me digging it, it would be even worse.

Best Wishes,

Buck

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot man. Yes, I will get you the video. I asked my son yes he is 12 lol if he could fix and edit the video to be fit for t-net. I'd love to share it. There was over 3.00 in silver in the hoard. I know it's not much but it got my blood flowing. If not he said he will post it on his u tube and i will pm you the link. You will love it. I'm pretty much just in awe with the find.

I had a great stretch at the end of the yr with a beautiful 1887 morgan. A nice 1882 canadian dime some seated coins etc. It takes alot to get me going. But it seems you really can get into those modes and have a great month. It usually happens for me in Nov and Dec when I push hard out in the field.

Thanks for the nice welcome back. You've been dedicated to this forum long time to know a old lurker like me lol.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot man. Yes, I will get you the video. I asked my son yes he is 12 lol if he could fix and edit the video to be fit for t-net. I'd love to share it. There was over 3.00 in silver in the hoard. I know it's not much but it got my blood flowing. If not he said he will post it on his u tube and i will pm you the link. You will love it. I'm pretty much just in awe with the find.

I had a great stretch at the end of the yr with a beautiful 1887 morgan. A nice 1882 canadian dime some seated coins etc. It takes alot to get me going. But it seems you really can get into those modes and have a great month. It usually happens for me in Nov and Dec when I push hard out in the field.

Thanks for the nice welcome back. You've been dedicated to this forum long time to know a old lurker like me lol.

Somebody posts something forgettable and I forget them. But I still remember your excellent finds posts.

Cheers,

Buck

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My guess if Boys Brigade, but I didn't look for it...

GT

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
That's what I thought to. But the symbol doesnt match exactly. I'm guessing this is a early plate from the boys brigade. I have found some old buttons from the boys brigade around here. Must have been popular. I've read up alot on the fraternity. It started in like the late 1880's I think. It was a school for boys. Not sure 100% though. Maybe even try and put a date and value on it maybe would be nice.

Thankis

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you Jer! Sounds like you had a good year and nice buckle. By the way, I don't mind F-bombs, LOL. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread