Hello friends

Jul 20, 2013
Hello all, I am a long time reader and first time CRH. This is also my first time posting in this forum. Lately I have been picking up about five hundred bucks in dimes at a bank that is just down the road from my house. It's a small branch and I set up an account for the purpose of CRHing (though I definitely did not tell them this is what I was doing) The first time I went in they gave me dimes, but told me I would have to order them in the future, so I ordered more. However, when I went to pick them up, they wanted to charge me four dollars a box. After the threat of not buying them, they gave them to me for no charge, but with the disclaimer that any future boxes would cost four dollars a box. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possibly a power hungry bank manger looking to control his patrons?? Or could it be some secret bank policy that is passed through the ranks of this particular franchise? Should I give up on this particular chain altogether or do you think this is an isolated incident with one specific, smaller bank?

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some do charge some dont- for me I have one branch thats real close to me that charges a $5 a box fee- I pay it occasionally since this bank is less than a mile and the time and money spent in gas is sometimes worth it- find other alternatives though if you can that way you have options

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed credit unions tend to charge and larger corporations don't.

My CU actually doesnt charge- they pay the flat fee no matter how many boxes tgey order

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would never pay a fee for a box, go to the other bank down the street and order.

OP
OP
W
Jul 20, 2013
Some do charge some dont- for me I have one branch thats real close to me that charges a $5 a box fee- I pay it occasionally since this bank is less than a mile and the time and money spent in gas is sometimes worth it- find other alternatives though if you can that way you have options

I'm glad I'm not the only person to be jammed up by the man! Lol, I will definitely pursue more options to avoid this in the future. Great advice, thank you.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would never pay a fee for a box, go to the other bank down the street and order.

So would you stop crhing all together if all banks and cu went to fees?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't see that ever happening, especially if you have business accounts...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will come a point in time where ordering halves will simply not be worth it, but until I hit 100 boxes of nothing, i don't plan on quitting anytime soon, even if the skunk streak ends at 99 boxes i'll continue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread