Hello From A New UK Member!!!

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Hi All!
Just a quick hello to the members here, and to explain that I am a total and utter newbie to metal detecting.. heck, my toy hasn't even arrived yet, only ordered it yesterday!!!!!!

I have been considering detecting as a hobby for a while, and after looking through some of the posts, finds, and comments on this site, I was totally convinced that this is the hobby for me.

I live in an area seeping in history, and the town in which I live was at the heart of the industrial revolution, so it would be great if I was to find any artefacts pertaining to this era.

I will no doubt be pestering many of you for advice and tips, so be prepared for this Limey nuisance!!!!!! ;D

First question goes as follows...

I have just ordered a Garrett GTAX 550 detector. Any of you folks have any tips, tricks, experiences and info regarding this piece of kit? ???

Many thanks to you all for keeping me up late at night reading your super posts... and keep up the great work.... Brilliant Site!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say Welcome to TNet...You will find that if you have a question, someone on here probably has the answer..I have never used the one that you are getting, but I'm sure you will get many replies. I can't wait to see your posts....HH

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Well....
I do already have a find, despite the non-arrival of my MD!

I discovered this old miner's lamp on a rubbish dump... Just couldn't believe that someone would throw such a fabulous object out! A day spent cleaning it, and it now has pride of place in my Study! (Sorry about the poor pic, it was taken with phone camera).

Not quite up to the standard of some finds I've seen here, but I'm proud of it all the same.

Hope you like!!!

Attachments

• Lamp.jpg
    Lamp.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 184

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the greatest treasure hunters forum on the planet. I haven't tried that detector but I do like the Garretts. Very nice lamp you found and great job cleaning it up.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Thanks, Danglangley...

I'm sure most shortcomings with the Garrett will be due to pilot error, owing to my inexperience! ;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Steve: Bien venido, welcome, you will have fun.

Being of Dual US / Irish citzenship, I must compliment you on the excellent picture of my uncle. heheheheh (hush you other fellow Irish peeps out there, just kidding)

Are you serious that somene actually threw that lamp out? sheesh. that is a winner in any contest. simce I have a few mines, it interests me greatly.

Don Jose de La Mancha

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome-3.jpg
It's great to have you with us! Keep posting!

Attachments

• Welcome-3.jpg
    Welcome-3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 131

diggertim

Nov 16, 2007
Catasauqua PA
welcome to Tnet...Steve. I'm new too and find this site, and the folks on it, very informative and fun. Good luck on your new machine..

diggertim

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words and for welcoming me to TN... I hope it won't be too long before I'm posting some pics of my finds!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to T-net! I know that the UK is rich in history. I don't know but you might need quick recovery speed for those trashy sites in the UK. Later on you Might want to check out XP Metal Detectors, they are made in france and here is a link for a UK dealer: http://www.metaldetectorshop.co.uk/metaldetectors.htm
This video talks about it quite well:
Search on youtube.com to find more movies of XP.
PS. this one also seems nice!

I'm just watching this one myself...(not done yet. ;D )

Regards,
Eu

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I truly believe that we will soon be seeing some fablous finds. And yes, by all means contact Jimmy Sierra.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, I'm a newbie myself. Love the lamp and the enthusiasm! Cheers, Shane :)

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Its great to see the current Brit invasion here at tnet like the beatles all over again

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Hi Steve welcome on forum, from a Brit in Germany. See, we get everywhere ;-)
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread