Hello from a semi-newbie

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Angela. I used this forum years ago when I first got into metal detecting but I got stuck in the process and it put an end to my metal detecting. I currently live in Upstate NY but will be moving to Fairbanks Alaska in the summer, where my husband is currently stationed. I found out there are places to metal detect there so I want to hit the ground running. To be honest, aside from seeing everyone's amazing finds, and getting helpful tips, I would like to build friendships with fellow enthusiasts.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Angela. I used this forum years ago when I first got into metal detecting but I got stuck in the process and it put an end to my metal detecting. I currently live in Upstate NY but will be moving to Fairbanks Alaska in the summer, where my husband is currently stationed. I found out there are places to metal detect there so I want to hit the ground running. To be honest, aside from seeing everyone's amazing finds, and getting helpful tips, I would like to build friendships with fellow enthusiasts.

Welcome!

OP
OP
D

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the welcome messages. I still feel stuck because of not knowing where to start. I don't know how to find places and I don't know how to get permission. Can anyone just give me some pointers on how to get started?

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

We lived in AK for 7 years...I guess if you're looking for gold, you ARE going to the right place!:yes:

ret :tchest:

OP
OP
D

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area of Alaska did you live? I am going to be around the central point so I don't have a lot of ocean area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread