Hello From Adamstown, PA

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys im from Adamstown (inbetween Lancaster/Reading) and wanted to say hello to all the fellow PA'ers out there. :) Just got into the hobby, and live right in the middle of antique city here in adamstown. I figure there should be some good places to hunt around here figuring we are known as the antique capitol of the world. Plenty of old places, and places with stories to try. Anyone have any luck in this area? If anyone wants to do some hunting, let me know. I will be looking for some fellow MD'ers to hunt with.

Thanks guys!!

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I'm not in your area but welcome to the best site for MD'ing I've found.
Plenty of experienced hunters & researchers here. Need help, just ask,
I'm sure someone out there will help out. Happy hunting.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Hey saltfisher I'm not too far from you (just north of Reading). I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the ground to thaw.
Hopefully we can hook up for a hunt one day.

Paul

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to far from you either. Just outside Coatesville. Soon as the weather changes I'll be out there. I MD with a few different people from the area. New faces are always welcome.

Brian

CHUCK IN PA

May 4, 2005
Bucks County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY SALTFISHER,I ALMOST BOUGHT A HOUSE THERE ABOUT 15YRS AGO. TURN ON THE ROAD NEXT TO ZINS AND AT THE NEXT STOP SIGNTHE BRICK RANCH ON THE CORNER. I'M IN LANGHORNE NOW.SPENT MANY DAYS PHEASANT HUNTING THERE.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome aboard this is the best site I've found also. Schuylkill county here..

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Saltfisher Welcome to TNET.

I live in just above York PA but travel a lot between York and Allentown. I have spotted a picnic grove on Rt222 just outside of Reading that I have tried to get permission to hunt, it looks real good and real old and falling apart, there is a phone number for a catering company on it but I haven't got a person yet. They have a website that shows they have three properties.

Also, there is a large church just outside of Kutztown that has, what looks to be, a old Furnace or Farm structure there, you have to look real close to your right traveling from Reading to Allentown to spot it but in the other direction youn can't miss it. Looks like a great place for relic hunting if permission is granted.

I have been hunting a couple of local parks, found a walking half dollar and a Mercury dime in one. I went onto the Township websites to find where the parks are and how old they are. I would start there. Recently I talked to an old timer who was walking his dog and he told me the location of the old Band Stand that was replaced by a picnic table pavilion. I went over and pulled up my first Buffalo Nickel.

If I know I am coming through I will drop an email.

Spend time with your detector getting to know it real well!!! The more time you spend with it the better off you will be.

pitt1863

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Hello Salt, I Live in Oxford. I drive through your town everytime I head to Gettysburg. The wife and I do alot of camping there. I'm always up for doing some digging. Around here there are alot of old Schools dating from the 1850's, have found alot of coins over the years. I've always been into the Civil War, and about 10-15 years ago I used to have permission in the Gettysburg area to hunt, but those properties have changed hands and have left me without the places to hunt. Anyway if you'd like someone to hunt with just let me know. Jamie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions