Hello from Arizona!

Twobrothers

Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Treasurenet! I've lived in Arizona most of my life. Grew up in the Phoenix area. Big, busy and hot. Life in the summer is going from one air conditioned box to another. Got to live in the Flagstaff area for 10 years. Forested high country, snowy in the winter. I've been in southeast Arizona for going on 4 years now. I came down here to get my pilots licences (almost finished with my commercial certificate). Its been a slow process as I won't go into debt to do it. Ultimately I would like to work as a bush pilot/ mechanic serving the Lord in Bolivia. I've learned a different way, and pace of life here, grown spiritually and had more life and adventures here than anywhere else I ever lived! I love the diversity of the landscape going from seasonal grasslands at 4000ft. up to the mountain peaks with aspens at 10,000ft. The diversity of the flora and fauna. The history (Cabeza de Vaca's trek, Coronado, Apache wars, Fort Huachuca, Bisbee, Tombstone). My purpose for joining this site is primarily in furthering knowledge (mine and others) about gold prospecting. I got interested in prospecting two years ago when it seemed like every hike I took I would stumble across some old mine workings. The area is highly mineralized and many famous world class deposits were found in the area. Lots of smaller stuff too. Its been quite an adventure so far. I am pretty sure I've found a workable gold deposit but still working out the details. Narrowed the focus of my search to one particular vein structure with several old workings. Lot of reasons gold mines shut down or never took off over the years. It wasn't always because there was no gold... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/hard-rock-mining/546477-searching-source.html Never was that interested in geology or mining until about two years ago. I was hiking enjoying the solitude, flora, and fauna and I received an impression I really needed to push myself and climb to the top of a particular hill. Off trail hiking around here isn't easy but I did it and I found a bunch of old workings in a quartz vein. I looked up and for about a mile and a half I could see the surface outcropping of the vein. Explored that occurrence and found lots of old workings along the vein. I was hooked. I knew Id discovered something interesting at the very least and that got me exploring, reading, researching, learning, and prospecting! Explored nearly every major mountain range in Southeast Arizona now. Its been fun so far.
View attachment 1469627 View attachment 1469628

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Twobrothers! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Thank you for the beautiful photos! :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! I grew up in Phoenix, as well. Went to Alhambra High, and Arizona State. Did most of my prospecting in the Weaver and Bradshaw Mountains. :occasion14:

OP
OP
T

Twobrothers

Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the welcomes everybody and for the Arizona link vpnavy!

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from CT!! You are in GOD's country there man!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions