Hello from Arkansas

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two months ago I wasn't very familiar with Spanish treasure and had never heard of the KGC until a friend mentioned it to me and showed me a map online of trees with various markings, one which included a turtle. WOW! We used to have a turtle tree with the same identical turtle. There were other trees with markings as well. My grandfather sold some timber in about 1983 and those trees were included.

Since the age of six, I've explored these woods and every inch of this farm and have seen the marker trees and odd shaped carvings on rocks. I always assumed they were done by the Indians who lived here. There are dozens of mounds where their huts were, and arrow heads have been found by the hundreds by my father and others back in the day.

My great, great uncles were outlaws and frequented this area a century ago. Are their treasures buried in these hills? I hope so.

I have two beautiful children. One is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She is married, and with a new baby, whom I adore. The other, a 15 year old boy, with mild Asperger's syndrome (autism spectrum disorder), who remembers everything. And recently earned a spot in the high school play as one of the main characters. :) He has really taken an interest in the treasure hunt and assists me when I need digging.

So here I am, a mother of two beautiful children and recouping from back surgery, and the only thing I'm allowed to do is sit, lay, and walk. Five pounds is all I'm allowed to lift for the time being. The detector weighs 5.5 pounds, so I'm pretty sure I'm okay there.

Since learning of the Spanish treasures and the KGC, I've spent hours and hours reading everything that I can on the subject. I've walked these woods, the banks of the creeks, followed the marker trees, and have found signs and symbols.

I've read many of the posts on these forums and have learned a lot. There is a lot of knowledge shared, and I appreciate your posts. And I look forward to reading and learning more. I also look forward to finding more signs, and maybe one day that treasure.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to Tnet and yes there is a trove of information here..............:icon_thumleft:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, against the wind. I look forward to sharing more of my finds in the near future.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard TurtleGirl! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arkansas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, vpnavy. I just now checked it out. I had seen it, but never clicked on it. This site is packed full of info.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
TurtleGirl:

Welcome to TN! I'm sure some of the members here can advise you about separating the detector box from the rod and coil to lighten the load. Obviously, it's a little trickier to operate the controls but I'm sure it's been done before this.

There's a lot of buried loot in Arkansas. I hope you find some of it!

Here's a good place to start your hunt:

The Hunt Starts Here.jpg

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Old Bookaroo. The amount of information avaliable can be overwhelming. One thing at a time.
I've not thought of separating the detector box from the coil. Thank you.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, my dad has a place in Arkansas, I don't get down there often enough but when I do I usually find good stuff. Hope you heal up fast so you can begin your search :-)
Even if you dont find anything, a day spent exploring the creeks and hills of Arkansas is a great day!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Intro & Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, my dad has a place in Arkansas, I don't get down there often enough but when I do I usually find good stuff. Hope you heal up fast so you can begin your search :-)
Even if you dont find anything, a day spent exploring the creeks and hills of Arkansas is a great day!

Thanks, PullTabSlayer. This winter has provided warm weather that makes for many beautiful days to be outdoors.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia! This site is has plenty of good information and people! It's a great place to check info or show a find. Good luck and Happy Hunting:icon_thumright:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Quebec

Top Member Reactions