Hello from California

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Brian, and I live in Shasta County in the far northern valley.

I have been considering getting into the metal detector hobby for the last couple of years. I recently sold one of my project cars, and he will be picking it up middle of next month allowing me some extra spending cash. One of the first things I am going to do is buy my first metal detector.

Any opinions would be great. I like to start with good equipment to reduce the risk of having to upgrade too soon after starting. I started out considering the White's Spectra v3i, but with research discovered it would most likely be too much for a start up detector.
Currently I am looking into the MXT Pro, the Garret AT Pro, the Minelab 705, and a couple of others. I know like any hobby everyone has a favorite brand. So I would love to hear from some of the people that have experience multiple brands, and models.
Right now I am leaning towards the MXT Pro because it seems to be one of the most recommended. So any input would be great, I still have a few more weeks before I really need to make the choice so plenty of time to do some more reading.

Would also love to get in contact with anyone and everyone in my area in the hobby, so that I can get some experience this summer.

Hasse

Apr 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500 com treasure Hound eagle eye / Ace 250 / Magnet Cobra Beach
Welcome to T-Net!
Came to the right place! Here you will find experts who will advise welcome!
Good luck in your searches! :icon_thumright:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_124.gif