Whites 6000 DI Pro SL
Teknetics Omega 8500
Tesoro Bandido II
Tesoro Inca
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, everyone.
Iā€™m just getting back into detecting after about a 35 year hiatus. I got hooked when I was about a 8-9 years old and found a mercury dime in our front yard using my fatherā€™s Bounty Hunter I. At least, I think it was a Bounty Hunter Iā€¦I remember a heavy, bronze colored, all metal machine about the size of a shoe box with two knobs on the top that took something like 8-10 AA batteries.
A while back I picked up a Whites 6000 DI Pro SL, and am having fun learning how to use it. I also picked up a Fisher F2 for about $30 from a local pawn shop, figuring I might be able to get the kids interested in detecting. Theyā€™re about the same age I was when I found that first (and to date, only) silver dime. I didnā€™t know anything about the F2 when I bought it. I just assumed it was some big box store ā€œkidā€™sā€ metal detector. I was a pleasantly surprised when I did some research on it and started using it myself. (The kids seem to think my detectors are the means to satisfying an obscure lust for foil and pull tabsā€¦maybe their interest will pick up if I find something ā€˜coolā€™. Has anyone ever dug up a working Play Station??)
I now carry the F2 in my car for the occasional lunch break or interesting looking spot. On a side note, the F2ā€™s battery door has a broken tab. I couldnā€™t find a replacement for sale on the web, so I called Fisher directly. I was hoping I could get a new one for less than $15 with shipping and handling. After the receptionist who answered the phone transferred me to the correct department, I to the guy who answered (Dave?) that I needed a new battery door. He asked for my name and address and said heā€™d have one in the mail tomorrow. When I asked how much it would run me, he said, ā€œNo chargeā€. I asked what it was for the shipping, and he again said, ā€œno chargeā€. Fisherā€™s sending me a free battery door! I havenā€™t had an experience like this in I donā€™t know how long.
Anyway, sorry for the long intro.
If thereā€™s anyone in the Colorado Springs area, Iā€™d be happy to get together to hunt sometime, especially if you have a place to go.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard to TNET Raxxter and one great introduction, I like your story - anyway Texas First has great service and machines & I wish you many great finds while out dirt fishin with your Whites and Fisher.

Texas ED

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York :occasion14:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County, Colorado.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

packratBeth

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Has anyone ever dug up a working Play Station??" I dug one up in my closet the other day. An original Play Station.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions