Hello from Colorado

JethroBodine

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Trying to decide.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone on TNet and thank you for allowing me to join this wonderful site! I am trying to learn as much as I can about metal detecting and the wealth of information here is astounding! I am still trying to decide which detector to buy. I'm one of those Buy Once, Cry Once type of guy so it may take me a while to decide. I have made my mind up at least a dozen times on which detector to buy. The list of detectors I've considered started with the AT Pro then MX Sport, Deus, Garret ATX, CZ21, F75, CTX3030, Tiger Shark, Sand Shark, Banditto, Tejon, Nokta Fors CoRe, Racer 2 and Impact and I saw a rumor that Nokta/Makro may be coming out with a new water proof detector soon so I have decided to wait a while to see if the rumors are true. When I eventually decide which detector to buy I plan to start the learning curve in my yard then move to local parks and school yards. Eventually I would like to have the ability to detect at lakes & streams and head up into the mountains to try my luck there. I usually travel to the East or West coasts a couple of times a year and would like to try some beach and shallow water hunting, no diving. I will be joining at least one local metal detecting club, maybe two in Colorado when I get closer to pulling the trigger on a detector. I figure the members there will have some suggestions on which detector works best in Colorado. Thanks again for all of your advice and insight into this wonderful addiction:hello:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting, Colorado has lots of treasures out there. Hope you find lots. Just do it, get your detector and get out there. I would love to be around all the old homes in Denver. Good Luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :thumbsup:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party....Only one choice? Why not buy two? twice the fun in half the time type of thing. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
welcome from MARYLAND. I would suggest reading as many reviews on each machine , and not starting with a very expensive machine.....good luck

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard!

I lived in Colorado springs for a couple years, very similar environment to where I am at now. Didn't do much detecting as I was always deploying to foreign countries while serving in the Air Force.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County, CO. My White's does fine for what I do with it. Other brands have some good ones too. Try to buy one from a detector store rather than online or wallyworld. The place I go to in Golden has folks who know a whole lot about detectors and are always truthful in what they tell you about their products, good or bad.

OP
OP
J

JethroBodine

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Trying to decide.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm amazed at the wealth of information and all of the helpful people on this site. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread