HELLO from Diggin Newbie

Diggin Newbie

Mar 15, 2014
New Braunfels, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, fellow diggers. I'm brand new to this site, fairly new to Texas, and very new to metal detecting. I'm interested in finding cool, old, historical items in the New Braunfels, Texas area. (N.B. is 15 miles North of San Antonio) So if you know of any cool places for me to get my new metal detector warmed up, please feel free to share. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, fellow diggers. I'm brand new to this site, fairly new to Texas, and very new to metal detecting. I'm interested in finding cool, old, historical items in the New Braunfels, Texas area. (N.B. is 15 miles North of San Antonio) So if you know of any cool places for me to get my new metal detector warmed up, please feel free to share. Thanks!

Nothing beats hitting up your local library and researching your area to see what was there during its establishment. High traffic areas and places of gathering are always a hot spot for decent finds. Do your research, line up permissions when necessary and tear it up. my friend! Oh yeah, welcome to the community!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York!

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Utah! With your town's history (established 1845 by German royalty) you've got great opportunities to find German, Spanish, & US coins & artifacts. There are 1880's maps available of your town & surrounding areas, you're living in a historical rich area, good luck!

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Www.historicmapworks.com
Then click
-browse
-usa
-your state
And look for your area
Once you find a historical map click historic earth basic and it will overlay that historic map with Google maps.

I was able to a farm field on my road that had a house built prior to 1875. Now it's empty field and would have never known.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Digging Newbie; Welcome from Boston. PEACE:RONB

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
And if you need anything for your detector metaldetectingstuff is awesome. Had great experience with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread