Hello from Guam

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to be here! Been watching/reading for weeks, finally joined. Taking advantage of my time in Guam to do some Detecting before going back to the states. Picked up a Quantum II, just trying to figure how to use in in salt water environments. Looking forward to the forums!

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome boss driver. I spent 2 years in Guam (68-69) as a military dependent at NAS Agana. Lived in Tamuning before getting base housing. While we lived off base we (4 teen boys) would spend a lot of time in the jungles towards the center of the island. We found quite a few things we had no idea what they were at the time. Lot of WWII history there. Best of luck to you. Perhaps you can find the caves the Japanese soldiers were coming out of in the early 70's.

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pistol-pete said:
Welcome, should be a lot of war stuff there to find!!!

It's virtually everywhere! Always digging up shell casings, projectiles, and basic shrapnel. Gets in the way.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum bossdriver. I was there in 1985-1986 as a Seabee. First deployment with NMCB-74. Wish I had a detector then.. HH And be safe.

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kam50 said:
Welcome to the forum bossdriver. I was there in 1985-1986 as a Seabee. First deployment with NMCB-74. Wish I had a detector then.. HH And be safe.

Thaks! Just wish I ad learned this hobby before getting here. Afraid I'm missing all the good stuff while learning. Hit the beaches a lot but no a single piece of jewelry yet. Having fun trying though.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boss driver said:
Thaks! Just wish I ad learned this hobby before getting here. Afraid I'm missing all the good stuff while learning. Hit the beaches a lot but no a single piece of jewelry yet. Having fun trying though.

Hi I was there in 1975 with the Sea Bees NMCB 1
While there a friend found an un exploded bomb at the beach.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey boss driver if you ever get to Guantanamo Bay Cuba naval station, see if you could find my wedding ring I threw in the ocean near the golf course beach once I caught my ex messing around on me...:laughing9: HH

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kam50 said:
Hey boss driver if you ever get to Guantanamo Bay Cuba naval station, see if you could find my wedding ring I threw in the ocean near the golf course beach once I caught my ex messing around on me...:laughing9: HH

:).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread