Hello from Pekin Illinois

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all , i picked up the hobby or as my wife calls it "obsession" about a year ago now and since have rocketed full speed ahead in upgrade's, tools ,and research. Since picking up the hobby I have decided to stick with Garrett products I started with a whites coin master but soon moved on to a Garrett GTAX500 with a 7x10 and crossfire II coils, followed that with the ACE250 , and finally got my AT Pro for myself for christmas with the pro pointer as a stocking stuffer ....lol I've been hunting mostly beachs and old parks as well as the new with some 18oos family owned property to have all to myself. I've had some pretty good luck finding so far 17oo.oo in gold rings, jewelry , a cpl indian heads a buffalo nikel , barber s dime and nearly 3.00 in wheaties , with 44.23 in clad , along with a few silvers not included. I could go on and on but as the wife says "obsession" lol so i'll end with that and hope to hear from someone near to me that would like a hunting partner ? thanks and good digging to everyone .

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Diggin, am in SE MO. Not sure where Pekin is. You should take your wife out with you I think she would soon be obsessed too. Welcome to Tnet!

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome, good luck hunting and watch out for the men in the white coats and the jacket that ties in the back!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I'd say you have done very well so far. Great choice in detectors.

Wayne

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Diggin

I'm just up the road from Pekin, IN. I was getting excited there for a second... lol I had to look up Pekin, IL on google maps. oooo that a bit of a jaunt.

Congrats on all the finds, look forward to seeing your posts in "Todays Finds"

Welcome to treasurenet & HH

Adjove

Feb 15, 2013
Hi, I'm new to MD and in Pekin area, so far I have found hundred of clad coins but no silver. Any pointers? In person advice welcome if you'd like to buddy up.

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome...

I'm new here, too! I hope that there's a 'rare' gold coin in your future MDing.:thumbsup:

goldkeiths954

Jan 20, 2013
Hi My name is Keith. I live in Romeoville (near Naperville) I purchased an Ace about a year ago and have not realy used it. I would enjoy having someone to hunt with, My wife is not into it or any of my friends. Next time your going out please email me. [email protected]. I do have very much free time but usually can get away on Sundays for a bit. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread