Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Cheapo Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I spent a couple hours poking around an area that was heavily trafficked in the early 1900's. Found some odd iron things that look to be part of some sort of machinery and what I believe to be a couple of old flat top beer cans, pretty rusty though so hard to identify. All were about 12 inches down in the ground and heavily overgrown with roots. I mainly went around the bases of the oldest trees I could find. I know there was a building there that burned down about 1915 but couldn't find any foundation which I had wanted to explore. I did haul out all the garbage I found and covered my holes back up. I also plan to return there and marked the spots of my finds on my GPS for future reference. I'll post some photos later in the what did I find section since I have no idea what the iron things are.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome from west virginia

OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks wvwildman and ret-det! I imagine you guys have some pretty good spots back east for hunting! I used to live in Virginia years ago wvwildman. Sure wish I could swing my MD around in some of the places I used to visit!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

copperpenny

Jan 28, 2013
Wesminster,Ca
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
746178d1361389651t-hello-wild-west-lmkwelcfshx_e01.gif

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. and happy hunting.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I'm new to metal detecting and look forward to learning from the good folks here. Been lurking on the site for awhile and finally got a metal detector so I figured it was time to register. Going on my first hunt today. If I find anything good I'll post photos.

Welcome.....I love Oregon!

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome from the cesspool known as CA! i'm heading up oregon way at some point; it's so, so nice there.

what are you swinging?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from the cesspool known as CA! i'm heading up oregon way at some point; it's so, so nice there.

what are you swinging?

Uh..don't know what part of Ca you live in, but please don't speak for the whole state

OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what are you swinging?

A cheap Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Maybe if I unload one of my other hobbies some day I'll upgrade to something better but this seems to do OK for what my skill level is now.

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there. Welcome. I'm in Oregon,too. If you can, please join us at the capitol in Salem on this Thursday from 1-4 for an educating rally regarding the FIVE anti-mining, public land over-regulation bills currently in legislature. If you want to know more about the rally, the bills, or the people sponsoring them, let me know; I'll be glad to fill you in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread