Hello from Poughkeepsie NY

seaham358

Greenie
Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reading up on MD for about 8 months and plan on buying one as soon I figure out which one :BangHead:

I had it narrowed down to the AT pro and MX sport, now I see the Nokta impact and really like that one.
I plan on doing some beach hunting (no diving)when I retire and move south in a year or 2. But want a good all round unit that does not cost an arm and a leg. Anyone info from the pros is welcome.. Glad I found this place.. Thanks Bob

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to tnet

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard Bob! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome mate. I own eight machines and know trying to figure out which one to buy can be a daunting task not being familiar with the technology. I own an AT Pro which I reserve for water hunting when things heat up. I am waiting for more reviews to surface before I pull the trigger on the Nokta Impact but, it does look like a very versatile and hot machine. I have been running the Makro Racer 2 this season and am loving it with my handful of coils making it quite versatile as well. Many folks willing to assist you here on T-net. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Someone will step up to help. Enjoy your adventures when you decide on a machine.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Connecticut you can see alot of detectors in action on Youtube

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from NW CT. I have both the AT Pro and a Makro Racer. I like both. Pro is my tried and true favorite, probably because I've logged many more hours on it than the Makro. The Makro is considerably lighter if you're doing longer hunts. Since I rarely get more than a couple of hours at a time,weight isn't that important to me. If you're going to do any water hunting the Makro is out but the Pro is waterproof to 10'. My guess is that you'll own multiple machines once you get into it. Be sure to get a quality pinpointer.
HH
dts

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the mx sport and i'm in love. IT is worth every extra penny over the atp and then some.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from Virginia! I have the MX Sport and love it but everyone has their own likes, etc. Best bet is to research what and where you want to hunt so you will have an idea of what capabilities you would like you detector to have. The suggestion made by tlane 38003 on checking out videos on you tube will help with seeing some of the capabilities and functions of different units. if you can get you hands on any to hold and feel the weight and see how the weight would be, that will also help. I got my MX "gently" used from a gentleman whose health had made him unable to detect any longer and I got it at a reasonable price in great shape. A bit of research before hand will help pay off in satisfaction in the unit chosen later. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread