hello from sedalia mo

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weird, why is that reply showing as edited in? It's a good reply, anyways...bet you wished you still had the chevy!

Coop, I'm new to metal-detecting and new to this site as well. Hope you find as much enjoyment as I have.

peace,
cc

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Granite State (NH). Metal detecting is a great hobby and TNet is a great place to learn, meet people and share your finds. Enjoy the hobby and welcome!

HH,
Anita

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
garrett,groundhog,ads7x whites xlt-e
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from kyle texas. you will love this site.you will learn so much faster than i did back in the stone age 80s

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weird, why is that reply showing as edited in? It's a good reply, anyways...bet you wished you still had the chevy!

Coop, I'm new to metal-detecting and new to this site as well. Hope you find as much enjoyment as I have.

peace,
cc

Sorry, I hit the wrong icon, and my post went into your post...................

Welcome to TreasureNet..... I lived in Columbia Mo for 20 years.................. I use to show a 55 chevy street rod I had and showed it in the Car show in Sedalia quite often.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and Tnet. Remember it isn't how much money you find but how much fun you had.

HH, :hello:
Sandman

OP
OP
coop911

coop911

Tenderfoot
Oct 5, 2012
sedalia mo
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all .calvin i really like it still figuring out whats what on it and finding a lot of pull tabs but also some coins but its my first and it seems to really do the job. Any hints you can give me on your 250?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LoL, I hit the wrong buttons all the time. Realized too late that you would have more buttons than usual to contend with...

cheers,
cc

Icon for edit post is next to reply and reply with quote.....

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coop, I don't have too many tips...I've had mine less than a month now. I have been out detecting everyday though, but there really isn't much chance of finding anything until I can get to a less remote location. I am amazed, though, at the little bits of metal here and there that do exist even in un-populated areas.

Since there's not much around I usually use "all-metal' mode and one bar back from full sensitivity. If the machine starts to beep false once and awhile when I bump it on a clump of grass or terrain then I turn down the sensitivity a bit more.

I did set up a test patch with coins (penny, nickle, dime, quarter, half, Ike) and a bolt and pulltab buried at aprox. 6". This helps me get a feel for things. I pretty much go off of sound though and if it beeps I start digging.

I know everybody says that you absolutely need an auxiliary pin-pointer but I don't have one and even though this is the first detector I have ever used I find that the built-in pin-pointing function works really good. The ace is very sensitive though and sometimes those little bits of metal it senses are tiny...that's where the pin-pointer would help. To compensate I just wave a handful of dirt past the coil. Then I know when I have it...even then the little specks are hard to find!

Icon for edit post is next to reply and reply with quote.....

Yeah, like how it is for my own posts, but yours would be on all of them (I didn't realize). Didn't mean to clutter the thread with my curiosity/confusion.

peace all,
cc

OP
OP
coop911

coop911

Tenderfoot
Oct 5, 2012
sedalia mo
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i know those little bits of aluminum foil really get me .i got a cheap hand held from lowes called a zircon and it works really well for now......... til i can get a garrett propointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread