digmesomestuff

Greenie
Oct 30, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the San Francisco area and have been metal detecting since last summer. I'm still working full time so don't get out as much as I'd like. Haven't found anything that old other than some wheats and a mercury dime. Lots of clad and some jewelry though. I'll keep trying to find that old silver. It's just good fun being outside and getting exercise.

I've been lurking for a while trying to absorb all the great knowledge here. I just bought the Deleon a month or so ago and am still learning it. Looks like I have to slow down, listen to the tones, and dig everything.

I used to dig outhouses in my late teens and found a lot of bottles. I'm also thinking of getting into that again too.

In any case, the community seems great. Thanks for having me.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard and wish you many great finds with your Tesoro Deleon. I have the Cortes & it has the depth and is very light.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the San Francisco area and have been metal detecting since last summer. I'm still working full time so don't get out as much as I'd like. Haven't found anything that old other than some wheats and a mercury dime. Lots of clad and some jewelry though. I'll keep trying to find that old silver. It's just good fun being outside and getting exercise.

I've been lurking for a while trying to absorb all the great knowledge here. I just bought the Deleon a month or so ago and am still learning it. Looks like I have to slow down, listen to the tones, and dig everything.

I used to dig outhouses in my late teens and found a lot of bottles. I'm also thinking of getting into that again too.

In any case, the community seems great. Thanks for having me.

I was just out there last year, and at least in the City, I couldn't find much about history. I didn't get to the library though, where I heard there's a decent collection of oldies.

Yep, digging everything is how to learn your machine.

Never dug an outhouse, but it seems a lot of work. I did break into my old cistern, and found zip.

Good luck on TNet, lots of good folks on here.

HH!

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from berkley area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread