invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Although my father and I began detecting in the 1960s with a HeathKit machine (short lived) - I really didn't do the hobby in earnest until the early 2000s when I purchased the DFX. The first dozen years were mostly spent coin shooting and finding an occasional piece of jewelry. Then a few years ago I joined the Dayton Diggers, a local club that focuses on historic recovery and public outreach. Since then I've helped put on a metal detecting 101 class, participated in a "take your kid to work day" demonstration, and volunteered 3 days last October in searching for relics left behind by Morgan's Raiders as they passed through Ohio via the Civil War Preservation Project of Ohio. This past spring I've spent a lot of time learning the features of the V3i purchased last fall. I've donated 4 display cases (see attached photo) to the Centerville-Washington Park District containing relics I found in two of their parks. Its a way of saying thank you for letting the Dayton Diggers meet at one of their facilities for free! Kids attending summer camp ask many questions about the relics in the display cases - keeping history alive!

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, Invent4hir! Plan on checking out diggers. Nice pic. Looking forward to posts!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

You are doing a wonderful thing to preserve history and promote the hobby! :icon_thumleft:

I have been doing a similar thing for local schools, putting together revolutionary war, civil war and general interesting recovered artifacts. The students are able to see and touch real history, not just view them from a textbook.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is such a great introduction -- welcome to TNet!
Your efforts on behalf of our hobby is appreciated! :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Virginia!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi and welcome from CT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread