Hello from the deep east texas

grapeshot

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2010
seabrook TEXAS
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 , at-pro , CZ-7 , CZ 7a -pro / 1236X-2, cz6a pro, garret xl-500, 390 brownie third lung
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my uncle and i are planning a trip, to a really old 1800's farm on rayburn, not far from old community of "ore" off 2109 can only get to the place by boat. if enterested let me know. gotta do it while still cold because of the timber rattler's. found huge old oak tree and cistern 20 feet away. make a day of it ,or camp right there. [email protected]

birddog8501

Jan 5, 2013
Hey grapeshot let me know when y'all go me and my dad would like to join in on the hunt is it private land or core of engineer's

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I am totally interested in getting together and doing some hunting...I've had too much time off!
Baggins

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Livingston area.

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Longview, Texas. Anyone around here into hunting?

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there's a term in your heading I haven't seen before. Anytime I ever made any reference involving East and Texas I was always quickly corrected that "Texas ain't East. I always had to point out it may not be east, but I had to take an eastbound plane from CA to get there. A month ago crossing the state I noticed in the Visitor Ctr that the brochures were divided by West Texas, or Hill Country, Pan Handle, Texas Coast and the only reference to the eastern part was Plains Texas. It's kind of like South Carolina...they're still fighting the Civil War there. If you're talking to someone and mention you're from up north in Michigan etc. They're quick to point out...."there ain't no north....Michigan is just less far south.

As a tourist passing through I never noticed these regional nuances, but traveling retired and spending more time in different places they become readily apparent.

Wildride58

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phanttom, have you ever been to DEEP East Texas? It's very unique to the rest of Texas. I live by the dam at Rayburn also. Let me know if anyone wants to go detecting. I sent Pencil a PM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread