rareshine5

Greenie
Jun 22, 2014
Osage County, MO
Detector(s) used
Nothing highend- from sears my mom gave it to me for Christmas years ago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I have always enjoyed looking for stuff..along creeks, along the shore of the Lake, on the road, etc. It was always a fascination since I was about 5. Many years ago I was given a low grade metal detector, but I love it! I have had the chance to go "treasure Hunting in I think it was South Carolina, I took my oldest son and we had a blast...I found a Queen Victoria coin, my son found a clasp for a uniform (I think they said Civil War Era). Several horse attachment things, and nails, etc. Later we went to an island and recovered a bunch of old bullet shells...all three kids loved doing that. I've tried metal detecting on our farm, we have an incredibly abundant collectioon of rusty and broken, bolts, nails, barb wire fences...so I am focusing more on rocks right now.

I love to look for and find neat rocks, Ive been Gem hunting in North Carlina in the streams. After several years of being very sick, I am excited to be out again exploring...my finds won't be that extraordinary, but I would love help learning about this (career choice, hobby, stress reliever, get away, escape) . Thank you and I look forward to "meeting you" cybernetically at least.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet.
Sometimes the ordinary is the extraordinary. A rocks age for example.....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread