Hello from Washington

flysar

Mar 8, 2013
WA
Detector(s) used
Current: Equinox 800, Makro Gold Racer, Fisher CZ-20, various Tesoro's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently retired to my home state of WA after 26 years in the Army & Coast Guard.

My first detector was a Garrett Ghostowner that I bought from Roy Lagal in Lewiston ID in 1974. We lived in an old homestead/former trading post in Clarkston WA and I found all sorts of neat old stuff; not sure where it is now. In 1980 I traded a bunch of silver coins I had found and added a little cash for a Garrett Master Hunter Deepseeker. Didn't have a chance to use it much before our military adventure began.

The other day I was going through some boxes and found the Ghostowner and Deepseeker and thought about putting them back to work. The Ghostowner is dead (maybe one to many moves) and the Deepseeker doesn't seem to be working right... may need to send it off.

I found a good used Xterra 70 with a stock 9" Concentric Coil but hoping to add a DD coil to it soon.

Looking forward to searching the site & learning my new machine and seeing what has changed in the hobby of detecting in last 30 years.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there flysar, you live in a beautiful state. We do have members in WA, so check it out. I lived outside Banger base for quite awhile. miss the fresh seafood & salmon fishing. Good luck in your hunts, & share pix of your finds.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Aboard, flysar!
Congrats on your retirement.....gives you lots of time to pursue the best spots and seek out tons of fun. I'm jealous. Don't forget to post pictures. We all love pictures. Keep us informed on your finds. We love hearing about it all!! Good luck to ya... - JSpinners/Idaho

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flysar

flysar

Mar 8, 2013
WA
Detector(s) used
Current: Equinox 800, Makro Gold Racer, Fisher CZ-20, various Tesoro's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the welcome.

This looks like a site packed with all sorts of good info with some great folks that want to help others with the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread