md_ben

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2016
Almost Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro, Coinmaster 6/DB
Primary Interest:
Other
I am about to retire and was trying to figure out how to spend my spare time. I enjoy a number of things that will fill a good bit of time, such as photography, reading, genealogy, and computer gaming. Since only one of those things gets me outside to enjoy some exercise, I thought I would rekindle a past interest in metal detecting. I still have the White's Coinmaster 6/DB that I used for several years in the late 1970s. I have cleaned it up, freed up the potentiometers and look forward to giving it a try for nostalgic reasons. To move into modern times, I have just bought a White's MXT All Pro. Quite a contrast between the old & new, I'll tell you. :D

I have always enjoyed studying history and finding relics/coins from days gone by will play right into that interest. My home is on land that was once wood lots for a neighboring town so my backyard searching may turn up something interesting besides pull tabs & pop cans. Also my wife's family owns land in WV that should be worth investigating.

So a big Hello :hello:to all the members of this forum. I have already gotten some good ideas about gear from reading here.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Ben! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome back to the hobby and to Tnet. Your in a good area of Maryland for MDing, lots of history in those western mountains. GL & HH

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Bmore!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread