Hello Hoosiers

bms252

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! Im new to Tnet an have been detecting for a little over a year. I live in the fort wayne area an i always go by myself, but i was curious if anyone wanted to meet up an do some detecting?

Big_Tony

Apr 12, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter Lonestar
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello hoosiers Im in Mooresville just southwest of indianapolis looking for someone to go MDing with. I have the ace 350 and am always open to helpful hints and tricks

Target1972

Mar 27, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to know there are several other diggers out there, new to the hobby myself. I live in Greenwood and have had limited success so far, mostly due to having what amounts to a toy for a detector. Oh well, still gets me outside.

cbankston

Apr 9, 2013
Good to know there are several other diggers out there, new to the hobby myself. I live in Greenwood and have had limited success so far, mostly due to having what amounts to a toy for a detector. Oh well, still gets me outside.

I have found some pretty awesome stuff with my old toy lol

Coin_Peeper

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putnam County here. Not looking good for me hunting anytime soon. Looks like the Xterra 50 went to crap on me. Got to figure out what is wrong then will be back in the hunt. HH everyone

LadyoftheLake

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2013
Lake Michigan shore, Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give resurrecting this thread a try. I'm new here, live up by the Lake Michigan shore. I do a little metal detecting (I've got a toy one, too, pretty much, but I keep threatening to upgrade), but a lot more rockhounding and artifact-hunting. I also do a fair amount of gold prospecting from here down to Brown County -- you'll find gold doing that, but to see what you've really got you'll need a Blue Bowl setup, because most of the gold is flour gold. It's high in quality, though, and the first sight of it in your pan hooks you. The best I've found is in Morgan-Monroe State Park -- permits are free and are issued at the park office. You're limited to using only pan and sluice, but you can have a pretty decent take on a good day.

Happy hunting!

dirtygolddigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2013
Hayden, IN
Detector(s) used
RadioShack Discovery 1000
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new guy here. I usually just read the Indiana finds at lunch but decided to finally make an account and start posting. I live between Seymour and North Vernon in a small town called Hayden. Anybody closer to me than Greensberg?

Heatherbelle654

Greenie
Sep 27, 2013
Hi :) I live in South Bend. An "adventure walk" with my daughters near some train tracks earlier this spring - finding rocks with crystals in them, old railroad spikes, and a few other neat "old" things led to a new rockhounding hobby.
An "adventure walk" (it's what my 4 yr old calls our long walks when we look for stuff) along the St Joseph river & finding what appears to be Native American artifacts, a few beads, and chunks of obsidian - has gotten my nephew interested in the hobby also. My dad bought a rock tumbler for me as a birthday gift a few weeks ago (I make jewelry), and I can't wait to fill it up & get to tumbling).
My dad & I have both been into Goodwill Treasure Hunting, and yard/garage/estate sales, we have talked recently about each of us getting a starter metal detector next year.
:) heather

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new guy here. I usually just read the Indiana finds at lunch but decided to finally make an account and start posting. I live between Seymour and North Vernon in a small town called Hayden. Anybody closer to me than Greensberg?

Hey there DGD, I live near Westport. Hit me up sometime. HH

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I live outside of Angola, In in Ohio. I travel all over detecting in Oh, In, and Mi, If anyone would like to get together for a hunt I can come your way or you can come my way. I just like to get out and I really enjoy the company of someone else around. Just drop me a PM.....Matt

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NE of indy present and accounted for!

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Hayden Museum looks great, If I ever get down that way I will plan a visit. Have you done any research there for MD sites? A Local Historical Society is great for Info. The old Sinclair Station also looks like a nice place to visit.

dirtygolddigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2013
Hayden, IN
Detector(s) used
RadioShack Discovery 1000
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have even found a few items I am going to donate to the museum down the road. Having all the local history stored there does help finding the hot spots though.
The Hayden Museum looks great, If I ever get down that way I will plan a visit. Have you done any research there for MD sites? A Local Historical Society is great for Info. The old Sinclair Station also looks like a nice place to visit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread