Hello Hoosiers!

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
HEY!!!!!! There is gold and silver in these here flat lands, found some silver in my day with my Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII, Bottlebum needs some help to find his first IH penny, so far he is wheat all the way! LOL Hey Bottlebum what the hells up Buddy, get your butt up here!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D QUICKSILVER(appletree) Bottlebum has a real nice detector!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
HEY!!!!!! There is gold and silver in these here flat lands, found some silver in my day with my Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII, Bottlebum needs some help to find his first IH penny, so far he is wheat all the way! LOL Hey Bottlebum what the hells up Buddy, get your butt up here!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D QUICKSILVER(appletree) Bottlebum has a real nice detector!!!!!!!!
I'm working on it! Hoping to be up some time in the spring. Anyways, you need to get down here first so we can investigate some of the caves and old cut - stone foundations I ran across. :o

OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True_Metal said:
Sure TMan where abouts you working round here?

I come from a Texan myself, on my mom's side. Used to spend a month in Amarillo, and Lake"o"the Pines every year before my Granny and Grand dad past on.

Be glad to hunt with ya!

Sounds good Gojo and Bottlebum.

I'll have the ole sovereign fired up and ready.
Aaargh! You had to mention a Sovereign. I recently traded my GT w - 4 coils, meter and probe for my Infinium. :'( Needless to say, I really miss the Sovie.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
True metal, i am working at bp in whiting on the new expansion that is being planned. I hope the construction will start in june. I am going home a couple of times this month but hopefully in april the ground will thaw and we can all get together somewhere
TMAN...

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Hey Bottle................................................BUM LOL!!!!!! How am I going to get the wifie poo to say that's a BIG 10-4 Good Buddy?!!!!!! You know I'd love to travel the 4000 miles to the wonderful southern most regions of our lovely state and search those caves and foundations till there is nothing but a huge crater filling with Ohio river water!!!! but you know damn well that Joanie will not let me do anything these days or the next 6 life times!!! (EVIL LURKS IN MY HOUSE) If there was a way "OH JOY" I would be there! and you know it!!!!!! QUICKSILVER(monkeyinatree)

Dude we need to start a NW Indiana DUH-TEKTOR Club because there is not a single one here!!!!!!!!!!!
What does everyone think??????????????

OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
Hey Bottle................................................BUM LOL!!!!!! How am I going to get the wifie poo to say that's a BIG 10-4 Good Buddy?!!!!!! You know I'd love to travel the 4000 miles to the wonderful southern most regions of our lovely state and search those caves and foundations till there is nothing but a huge crater filling with Ohio river water!!!! but you know damn well that Joanie will not let me do anything these days or the next 6 life times!!! (EVIL LURKS IN MY HOUSE) If there was a way "OH JOY" I would be there! and you know it!!!!!! QUICKSILVER(monkeyinatree)

Dude we need to start a NW Indiana DUH-TEKTOR Club because there is not a single one here!!!!!!!!!!!
What does everyone think??????????????
Don't give up so easily. We've still got some time till spring arrives. Maybe if we both beg her, she will let you come down for a weekend. Then again, maybe NOT. ::)

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
You know the moment I saw her and said hey Baby, my life was over, and I was not huntin' treasure! ok joking aside, you know Joanie is a good woman! and I am a Daddy of a 6 year old girl and 5 year old boy, and she wants me to stay around for my children, and I know you know this , I'm just saying it for anyone else that reads this! I actually never ran into anyone else with a detector in this county! hey Gojo at the BP tank farm up there back in the late 1800's there was a farm where the old farmer hid a cashe of gold and silver coins, all because he did not believe in banks, then he died and his cashe has never been found, I think I saw the story in the United States treasure Atlas for Indiana, if you don't have those books or haven't heard the story the boos are at the Lake county public library, each book has 3 states each, tells about treasure, cashes, train robberies and locations of ghost towns for every county in all 50 states, its really a great asset to have when your a treasure hunter.
Our club can be the Brain dead silver hunters of NW Indiana, LOL Swing that DUH-TEKTOR and DROOL!!!!!!!!! and remember to always fill in your holes! QUICKSILVER(appletree)

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in for a club.

Texan.

The way the weather is going the ground may be up for hunting sooneer than that. it's 47 degress here right now.

Man, i hope the snow is over for the year.

Anyone heard about that demolished late 1800's town over by Laporte somewhere?

Cant rember details, but all thats left is impressions in ground where structures were.

Cant remember name of town or exactly where, but it was just a field at the time i heard about it.

Anyone know what defunct town i'm talking about?

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
QUICKSILVER,

Gold and Silver cache just around the corner!! I need to look into it.

Thanks.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottlebum [/quote said:
Aaargh! You had to mention a Sovereign. I recently traded my GT w - 4 coils, meter and probe for my Infinium. :'( Needless to say, I really miss the Sovie.

Yeah, i love mine.
Would like to get an explorer or a dfx, but mine works so well and punches down so deep i cant see the expense for another detector right now.

This machine gave me my first LC, theres no way i could replace it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is a club...this guy called me just a little over a week ago, has a detector shop somewhere around Elkhart, plus said he has a metal detecting club.

OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
I think there is a club...this guy called me just a little over a week ago, has a detector shop somewhere around Elkhart, plus said he has a metal detecting club.
Sounds interesting. Welcome fellow Hoosier. ;D

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, theres a shop over by Elkhart. Where?

We could still start one for people in NWI

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't seem to find it, just will have to wait until he calls again. Don't even remember the club name. There was a club in Ft Wayne and one in Warsaw. The addresses are still around, not sure if the clubs exist yet. :-\

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Here are the clubs I found,

~Indiana~

Brownsburg

Forming - Central Indiana Club
Lee Service,
P.O. Box 22
Brownsburg, IN 46112
317-858-1245

Clinton

Wabash Valley Treasure Hunters
Leonard Sappington,
205 South Shew Street
Clinton, IN 47842
765-832-1003
[email protected]

Evansville

Lincoln Heritage Treasure Hunters
John Claspell-President 2002,
1600 Monroe Ave.
Evansville, In 47714
812-473-4392

Ft. Wayne

Miami Valley Coin and Relic Hunters Club
Jerry Raney,
1306 Boone St.
Ft. Wayne, IN 46808

Georgetown

Down'n Dirty Diggers
Michael Byrn,
9350 Indian Bluff Rd.
Georgetown, IN 47122
812-366-3558
[email protected] or [email protected]

Jasonville

Indiana detectorists
Joe Harbaugh,
12554 S. St. Rd. 159
Jasonville, In 47438
812-665-9298

The Indiana Detectorists
Joe Harbaugh,
12554 S. St. Rd. 159
Jasonville , In 47438
812-665-9298

Mt. Vernon

Lincoln Heritage Treasure Hunters
Larry Harms,
3035 Seibert Lane
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620

North Webster

Northern Indiana Research & Recovery Society
Michael Beaver,
5741 N. 675 E.
North Webster, IN 46555
219-834-5953

Princeton

Three Rivers Research & Recovery
David Perry,
603 W State St
Princeton, IN 47670

Seymour

Hoosier Hills Treasure Hunters
Mona Wray,
8376 N. 300 W.
Seymour, IN 47274

Vincennes

Wabash River Treasure Diggers
Chris Haynes,
922 n. 11th St.
Vincennes, IN 47591
812-886-1559

Warsaw

Northern Indiana Research & Recovery Society
Michael Beaver,
46EMSB36B2
Warsaw, IN 46582
219-594-2355

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
True-metal off the top of my head I can think of 2 places over near LaPort that are old, Fort Door aka Door Village and Terra Coupee, I need to look at my old maps to really see if there are any others, I know of a ghost town south of Lake village call Conrad Indiana, nothing but foundations, but it is now protected by the state, and an other ghost town that is nothing but a corn field now, in the 1890's it was located on the C&WV aka the Onion Belt Rail Road in the south east corner of Lake county, just south east of Rangeline.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QuickSilver, Terre Coupee rings a bell, i think thats the one.

Good work!

Heard about it years ago if thats the one, but wasnt in the state to check it out.

The place might have been pounded, but it never hurts to hunt it again.

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
True-Metal I just scaned the 1878 La Porte county map and T-net is telling me the file is to big! If you want the map I can send it to your e-mail! It has Rolling Prairie and Byron on it!!!!! e-mail me and let me know!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've just found the perfect place in northern Indiana to metal detect and go exploring... :)

I'm careful about poison ivy, can't go near it. So, most of my detecting is away from the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread