Hello.....I have a question.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
I assume you mean the 2x2 cardboard coin holders??? They can be had at any coin store and I've also seen them on Ebay. The best coin magnifier would be like a 10X loupe thats lighted. I've also seen these on the big "e". Good luck!!! PS If you can't find them lmk, I have sources.
Greg

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
What kind of magnification system are you talking about? What do you plan to use it for?

Daryl

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Google Digital Blue

This is a computer micrscope that is alot of fun to use, and you can enlarge very small objects and watch on your computer screen and also post your pic's online.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you checked Hobby Lobby and/or Michaels? They have those white cardboard flips there. Just "Google" either place and click on store locations. Good Luck!

Update...I checked and saw that Hobby Lobby has no stores in New York, but there is a Michaels in Albany and Clifton Park.

;) RR

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with a coin dealer in your area.
Most of them also carry collecting supplies.

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
don't know about a microscope but I use a jewler's loop and it works great! You can get one at any arts and crafts store and for one the magnifies 10X it not crazy expensive. Maybe $30 for a very nice one.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If you can give us a little more information on what you mean by a "GOOD" magnification system and what you will be using it for, we can offer some more specific advice.

Daryl

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BioProfessor said:
If you can give us a little more information on what you mean by a "GOOD" magnification system and what you will be using it for, we can offer some more specific advice.

Daryl

Watch out. A bio prof is like to talk you into a $2,000,000 scanning electron micrograph so you can take images of bacteria.

hechemy2.gif

A 3X rectangular hand magnifier big enough for both eyes to focus on a coin and a 10x loupe are good starters. Look under stamp or coin dealers in the yellow pages. Or good 'ol Staples or Office Max.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Thanks for the replies....I guess i was looking for a jewelers loop or a nice 30X magnifier....Although that microscope thing is insane!!! I wish i had the cash for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread