Hello Minelabbers

GKman

Mar 15, 2011
Dutchess County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name is Gary. I am based out of the Mid Hudson Valley Poughkeepsie area. I have been detecting since 1984 or 5. For many of those years I detected on my own but over the past few I have been more "social" as far as posting online, and detecting with others. When I was in my late teens I worked at a detector shop that did the final assembly for the Excalibur's. My job was setting all the knobs in place, pressure testing the housings, and ensuring that the coils all performed well enough to be deployed with the new machines. All these years later I am still a Minelab guy. I wouldn't have a problem trying out another manufacturer, but so far the Minelabs have done real fine by me.
Currently I am using a CTX-3030, Detectorpro Uniprobe, and a variety of Lesche tools. I primarily hunt woods, and fields for older coins, but during the week I detect parks during my lunch hour...

That's about it. Look forward to talking with everyone...
HH
Gary

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gary from across the river down by the TZB!! Ive seen your recent finds such as the 1793 cent and the Vermont Auctori, looks like you do real well over there. Yeah, Ive found myself getting a little more "social" too as I have aged a bit. Was the shop where you did assembly work on Excals near where you are now in PoK?? I guess having a job like that would make one a hunter for sure. I started with Garrett since they were one of the best machines available in the early 70s but now have a Minelab as well as a couple of Garretts. I hunt anywhere I can, but finding the early coins I find is the most fun.
Good Luck!!----Gene

OP
OP
GKman

GKman

Mar 15, 2011
Dutchess County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Gene
I have been doing well! Hopefully this streak will continue. Yes, I worked at Hudson River Metal Detector and Scuba sales which is on Route 44 in Pleasant Valley right by where I live. At that time they built the Excalibur and they were one of the distributors for Minelab products. As far as brands for me, all I have ever had is my first detector which was a Fisher 1210-X purchased by my father in 1984 at the place I would eventually work in. I still have the receipt at home, I will have to get it out and look at the year that was. Since then I have had the Sovereign XS, Explorer, E-Trac and now the CTX-3030. It seems that all I have to do is finally break down to buy a new machine and Minelab will shortly announce the next generation.... But thankfully the resale value is pretty good so you don't lose much.
HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw,how u had said u worked with a shop doin metal detector work I think thats a a cool job & bet 90% at least the people here would like to have that job lol im currently using the whites v3i & when the time does come I think that ctx 3030 is gonna b my next its kinda been calling me lol. Well welcome to all the forums in here & look forward to hearing about some good finds HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread