Hello New from PA!

Reedy1

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am new to detecting and still dont own one! lol I had a freind pass away 2 weeks ago while fishing and that is what started my adventure! While fishing my freind died of sudden heart failure, what got me into detecting was when they found him the ring he always had on was gone. We searched and searched but could not find it so I got to thinking and I went to our local eagle rental and rented a metal detector. Well needless to say I didnt find the ring but found eveything but! LOL I was useing an Ace 250 from Garret and I was amazed how easy this thing worked but I must give credit to this sight because I watched alot of vidieos and read alot on here before renting this machine so I had a good idea of what to do. I was searching in water any where from 2 inches to 2 foot and this thing worked great! I found old traps, car shocks, stop sign post, and lots of small tin pieces. I even found a fish hook! Some of this stuff I could not believe it picked up because the one tab I found was reading 4 inches on the screen but also was 1.5 foot of water and I found it right where it said. well like I said I searched for 3 hours and came up short and didnt find the ring but I will not give up! I got home last night and thought Im going to play with this thing alittle more before dark and in about 3 mins I located what said to be a penny in my back yard, well it was a penny alright it was a 1946 wheat penny! My son was with me and he is 11 and seemed to take a good interest in it also. Now for a newby ? Looking at the 250 ace compaired to the 150 ace its looks like the difference is really in the controlls them selves. I myself loved the pin point aption but do you think for my 11 year old the 150 would be ok? Sorry for the long post but what an exciting hobbie!
Thanks Reedy1

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Reedy1!

Sorry about your Friend, Hopefully you'll find that ring

Top Member Reactions