Hello, Noob here from Idaho

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I thought i should say Hi and introduce myself.
My names John and I love metal detecting. I can't say I've done it that much but I want to get back into it and now that I'm living in Northern Idaho I'm hoping to take it out in the forest and around the rivers.

I used to detect back when I was living in California with a Compadre. It was a good detector but I really wanted one with a screen around $200 to $300. I then sold the Compadre, moved up here, and have been eyeing the Fisher f2. I can post another thread in a different forum since this probably isnt the place to ask questions but while I'm here let me just say this. I recently found a Whites Prizm IV and a Teknetics delta 4000. I can get either one of these detectors for the same price as the Fisher f2.
Does anyone have preference between the three? Should i get the whites or the teknetics since its a low price or is it no different than the fisher f2?

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon:)

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go for the White's Prizm IV. ;) Those are killer. Teknetics isn't too bad either.

Welcome to the forum and glad you got back into the hobby!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
Whatever MD you decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard, from the swamplands of Louisiana....

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Now i just need to find a place to go digging. Kinda wish i lived in the north Carolina area so i could find some cw relics. Not much for relics around here i don't think.

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Now i just need to find a place to go digging. Kinda wish i lived in the north Carolina area so i could find some cw relics. Not much for relics around here i don't think.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I've found 3 civil war buttons in Spokane parks. Also have found other old military items. There was an article in a magazine a while back that stated a lot of used civil war Union uniforms were sent to the forts in the Inland northwest. You will be surprised by what you can find anywhere.. Welcome and good luck

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know much about the other two but i use a Fisher F2 and love it! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread