Hello TNet

Runumuk

Oct 18, 2008
Monroe,Louisiana
Hello everyone, My name is Joe from Monroe,La. and thought I would finally say hello after reading the Tnet boards for the past year. Yea I know " It took you long enough " post is gonna pop up on here somewhere :wink: But i have just got back into MD'ing, had a White's MD when I was 16 years old and don't remember what kind it was, I'm now 37 so its been awhile. I got back into it since I go with my wife alot, she loves taking pics of old buildings, wildlife, etc. So far Iv just been MD'ing locale schools and parks, found a few coins with a Bounty Hunter a friend gave me. I'm looking into buying a MXT, just not sure on the MXT or the MXT 300. Haven't made up my mind :-\ I know they are both the same just the coils are different and from what I have read people say get a smaller coil so I'm taking that into my decision also. I looked at the DFX, but if i have problems with my cell phone then there is no way I can get that thing to work either ;D And I must say from reading these boards you all sound like a great bunch of people and hope to meet some of you one day. These boards have been a great help and full of information and tools.

Have a great day :)
Joe

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Howdy Joe and Welcome to Tnet! Quite a few members up in your part of the state and they are all pretty active. Hope you guys can hook up and get some hunting done. :)

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hey Runumuk, there is an Old Gator up your way. He may still be out of commission, as he had to go visit the doctor with the big knife. Long story short, he is a pretty good old boy and he has a couple of those White detectors. He may have just moved up to the big times and bought a Minelab Etrax. Contact him on this board under Gator and tell him if he don't play with you, he will have to deal with GrayCloud later on. :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Joe

I've hunted with that "Old Gator" and with Gray Cloud too. Great guys and so are the rest of the good ole Louisiana folks here.

:wink: RR

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 115

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, got ya beat GrayCloud, already sent him a pm. Doc released me to go back to work tomorrow,darn it. Wife claims she was gonna get me well real soon if I didnt hurry up and do it myself,cant imagine why she wants to get rid of me.
It was nice out early this am, now if we could only get some precipatation to soften up the ground.
And, nope, havent bought the ETrac as yet, but I want one.
River Rat, I told Runumuk about all of us meeting this spring and all the great guys and gals we met.
Well, seems Im off to gather up some pine straw for Mrs Gators flower bed. I gotta get my priorities straightened, I should be swinging a coil somewhere,lol.
Best to all,
John

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Gator.. My dad and i come to Lousiana to detect all the time.. We dont make it much towards Monroe even though we are close to it.. I live 45 miles from Minden. right past the arkansas/lousiana boarder.

If you want to try out an e-trac i have 2. can let you use one for a day.

I bought one for my dad after i upgraded from the Explorer SE but i just cant turn him over to Minelab. lol

We would love to meet some new detectorist.. Pm Me if thats something you might be interested in..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread