Hello to all from KY.

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for all the knowledge that is shared on this board. Brand new to this hobby and of course the weather isn't helping me learn much. From just what I've learned hear on how to research has made a big difference.

Loved the subject about all to toy cars everyone has found and I noticed in some of the pictures there were original red line hot wheels. Even though most collectors try to get the best condition ones they can there is a market for either filler cars meaning not in the best condition but will do until a better one can be found and the ones that can be rebuilt. The date on the bottom of them stands for the year that car was first produced not necessarily for the one in hand.

Thanks for the knowledge all of you so willingly give.

Jimmy T Louisville, KY.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Jimmy, there's lots of forum members from Kentucky, myself included, I'm sure you'll hear from them in time.

Good luck on your finds, Louisville area should produce quite a few Civil War relics and looking forward to pics of your finds when the weather breaks!

Maybe later on you'll consider becoming a Charter Member and enjoy the many added features this site offers to it's official members!

~

Night Stalker...

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Jimmy!

This is a great place to learn and converse with some really great people. I hope to see your finds here and the stories that go along with them!!

OP
OP
JimmyT

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to be posting great finds on here. Have been reading since early Dec. and this is the best site I've ever seen. The people share their knowledge like no other. Yes will become a Charter member soon.

Jimmy

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Welcome to the board Jimmy,its truly a wonderful place full of great information and kindly knowlegeable people. I live up in Indy and pass through your way quite frequently,have a lot of in-laws in KY,down around Etown and over in Lexington/Richmond area. I bet there is a ton of great places to hunt in your area. I would try and start researching for some old river landings that may have stopped being used for one reason or another,I know there are a bunch of them down there. Another great spot might be any old river overlooks that you may be able to locate. Of course there are also a ton of really old homes down there and Im sure you could find some keepers at any of them. If you post about which type of detector you are using Im sure you will get a pile of helpful hints,I would guess there is at least one member that has used any detector that is made,HH...Shoot

A

absalon

Welcome Jimmy. I am a fellow Louisvillian (does that sound right?) and frequent this site as much as I can. I hope you have been in contact with AnOldPro in Cincinnati about the upcoming conference. If not, visit the discussion by state and look for the post on the conference.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss hunting after the weather warms a little. I am starting to do some relic hunting research and like to do some coinshooting when I can.

Talk to soon and hope to see you in Lexington.

absalon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread