Hello

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
My name is James and im from the UK
I've actually followed this forum for some years now and thought I really should join properly!
Despite being in the UK this has always been my preferred forum. I love reading your stories and adventures.

I love anything historical, adventureous, bottles, relics, gold & treasure.
I don't think you can beat that incredible feeling holding on to that piece of history you just pulled out of the ground!

I am actually heading out to US next week with my metal detecter, magnet and gold pan. What ever happens it'll be an adventure!

Cheers

James

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome James! What part of the states are you headed to?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: United Kingdom for information directly related to your country.

OP
OP
F
May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

Im flying in to San Francisco, then hopefully spending some time around California, Arizona, Nevada & New Mexico
Try and get some gold panning in, along with some Meteorite hunting. Some bottle dump hunting would be good too, but I need to do some more research on that yet, I think its a little different to here in the UK.
After studying all the laws on metal detecting I almost changed my mind about bringing my detector! But I'll only regret if I don't!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
James, I'm about 1.5 hrs. south of San Francisco. What type places were you planning on detecting when you fly in there? I'm not sure what type of "laws" you were "studying", but there is no shortage of places to detect here. What did you read that made you think otherwise?

Don't confuse any laws you might have read about federal or state land, to apply to city or county land. Because unlike the UK, (where everything under the ground "belongs to the queen"), we have a different system here where the varying layers/entities of land, fall under different authorities, not one over-arching rule or say-so (as may be the case in the UK).

If you want to drop south from SF to detect, you're welcome to drop me a line. Or if you wanted to stay in SF proper, there's some fellows there who are very into turf-hunting, who might be able to show you around.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread