KBookerT

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name is Keith and I am located in Idaho near Boise. I had always wanted to get into Metal Detecting and last year I finally decided to do it. I bought an Ace 350 and started in. During my first hunt I found a ring and some clad. I have been hooked ever since. I try to go out as often as possible. I have found so much stuff and it amazes me how much clad is out there no matter where I search.
Its like people just walk around, reach into their pockets and throw their change into the air.

The other thing that really boggles my mind is how far down a coin can get. I have found coins just a few years old at least 4 inches down and sometimes even deeper. While older coins can be an inch down or the same as newer coins. And how about the foil seal that comes on top of juice/energy drinks, or like those found on antifreeze jugs. How the heck do those get so deep?

Anyway, if any of you are in the Boise area and looking for someone to dirt fish with, let me know.

Keith

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Keith, Have a wonderful time with your new addiction. We will be your support group. Keep your eyes to the ground and your detector on...hh

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Keith,

Welcome to the forum! Your observation is correct about lost clad. I have asked many students about this very phenomena, they said "we don't like change in our pockets." Interesting...

Professor

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Keith! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :notworthy: