Hello

rockinH5

Dec 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Just found the site and looking forward to seeing what's around here.

I'm a big rockhound, but not really any experience to brag about. I've played around with knapping, but have only destroyed rock at this point. I've got a small place with tons of chert and some other stuff.

If there's any interest, I'm happy to send some of this stuff to anyone that can use it, but I don't really know how to grade its quality. It seems very hard though and some of it seems to have quartz mixed into it. The biggest modules are grapefruit size and shape. Some flatter pieces too. I'd be happy to trade some material.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

OP
OP
R

rockinH5

Dec 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry. I forgot to mention my location. I'm in the Austin, TX area.

I checked out a couple of your links and it looks like you enjoy metal detecting and prospecting. I do as well, although I rarely do it as I'm not sure how to get started and going.

For me, if it's on the ground or in the dirt, count me in.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

merry_christmas.gif

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread